RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Entry Limits?

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Troopers Mom 
#1 ·
I see a Hunt Test listed on EE with a limit on MH entries. I was aware that the AKC has been considering allowing clubs to limit entries but I did not think that anything had passed. Anyone know anything about this? I could not find anything on the AKC website.

Joe

#3 ·
The AKC has a proposal under consideration that would allow clubs to limit master entries. The BOD is to discuss the proposal at their December meeting. You can find BOD minutes on the AKC website but it takes some digging. The issue was discussed at the October meeting. http://images.akc.org/pdf/board_minutes/1012.pdf
This is correct and if voted on the changes will likely take place April I believe. I'm going by what I remember was discussed at the MN meeting.

Angie

#8 ·
The "true" answer would be nice to know before I finalize our Spring event.

#10 ·
Arleen's post seems to answer the question. The October AKC BOD minutes state that the AKC is going to take up entry limits in December. Master is the only stake they are discussing at this time. A split of Senior several years ago really took us by surprise and we had to scramble to pull it off.

#12 ·
Ohio Valley does 2 Hunt Tests a year. Our spring event is the largest with a O/H/Q, Double Master, Double Senior and Double Junior. We haven't had a problem in the past but if I could I would limit entries to 89 Masters on Friday and 119 on Saturday. It would just take the stress out of the last week before the close. Our grounds are limiting in some ways in terms of the amount of stakes running as we can only use what ground the state allows us to us.

We have run this format the last few years and I would like to think we have done a good jub. Our Friday Master has been at 84 and 86 dogs the last 2 years so we haven't had to split. We had judges lined up if we needed to do so but I would rather not do it if its an option. Again our grounds are what the problem is. Water in particular.

#13 ·
I actually don't know if I would want to limit our tests. I guess that it would depend on the state of the grounds in any given year, but I do think that it would be good for clubs to have that option. Seems like the option should also be available in Senior, since entries per stake are limited by regulation. Next year, we're only doing 2 tests - 3 was stretching us a little thin.

#17 ·
i have a feeling there are just more to come, bet a bunch of peeps signed up early just to hold spots, but will cancel and take the $4 loss. Much to do about nothing

#16 ·
I received the following from the AKC.

January 2, 2013

To: Clubs Licensed to Hold Retriever Hunting Tests

Subject: Limiting Entries in Master Hunter Tests & Service Fees

This is to inform your club of two changes to the Retriever Hunting Test Regulations.

Limiting Entries in Master Test: For events held after April 1, 2013, clubs may at their option limit the number of entries in their Master Hunter test to either 60, 90, 120 or 180. Clubs may continue to run unlimited entry Master Hunter tests if they choose. If entries are limited, the number must be stated in the premium and other event announcements. Entries shall be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

The Regulations regarding days required for testing and splitting of test levels remains the same as explained in Chapter 1, Section 18. This is a reminder that tests must be split if threshold levels are exceeded.

This change becomes effective for events held after April 1, 2013. If a club has not yet published its premium list for an event to be held after April 1, the limited entry provision may be utilized by including the information in the premium.

Service Fee: For events held after July 1, 2013, the AKC service fee will be $3.50 per entry. Currently the fee is $3.50 for the first entry of a dog and $3.00 for
additional entries of the same dog in the event. This change will make the service fee consistent for all Performance Events and simplify the administrative process.

(Currently some Performance Events are assessed $3.50 per entry and others are assessed the split $3.50/$3.00 fee.)

The “Event Secretary’s Report” will be modified to reflect this change. The new service fee applies to events held after July 1, 2013.

Comments can be e-mailed to huntingtest@akc.org.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.