The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entry Limits?

Joe
    Why do you want to limit entries? your club always seems to manage it very well. Don't you do three hunt test a year?
    Warren
    w. price

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Joe
    Why do you want to limit entries? your club always seems to manage it very well. Don't you do three hunt test a year?
    Warren
    Ohio Valley does 2 Hunt Tests a year. Our spring event is the largest with a O/H/Q, Double Master, Double Senior and Double Junior. We haven't had a problem in the past but if I could I would limit entries to 89 Masters on Friday and 119 on Saturday. It would just take the stress out of the last week before the close. Our grounds are limiting in some ways in terms of the amount of stakes running as we can only use what ground the state allows us to us.

We have run this format the last few years and I would like to think we have done a good jub. Our Friday Master has been at 84 and 86 dogs the last 2 years so we haven't had to split. We had judges lined up if we needed to do so but I would rather not do it if its an option. Again our grounds are what the problem is. Water in particular.
    Joe Dutro

Oakwood's Dora Duky Desire MH- (Dora) 3/3/03- 3/16/11
    Desire's Midnight Rose SH- (Rose) 1/29/08
    Desire's Big Launch MH (Rocket) 9/29/09
    Desire's Pine Ridge Lonesome Gus MH (Gus) 9/29/09

I actually don't know if I would want to limit our tests. I guess that it would depend on the state of the grounds in any given year, but I do think that it would be good for clubs to have that option. Seems like the option should also be available in Senior, since entries per stake are limited by regulation. Next year, we're only doing 2 tests - 3 was stretching us a little thin.

Curious if anyone has heard what the Board of Directors decided on about allowing clubs to limit Master entries. Last I heard it was going to be brought up for discussion at the December meeting which was scheduled for last week.

Just noticed that there have been a few cancellations in the MH tests at Copper State. Looks like right now there are two spaces available on Saturday and 1 on Thursday if anyone wants to sign up and thought it was already full.

Arleen

I received the following from the AKC.

January 2, 2013

To: Clubs Licensed to Hold Retriever Hunting Tests

Subject: Limiting Entries in Master Hunter Tests & Service Fees

This is to inform your club of two changes to the Retriever Hunting Test Regulations.

Limiting Entries in Master Test: For events held after April 1, 2013, clubs may at their option limit the number of entries in their Master Hunter test to either 60, 90, 120 or 180. Clubs may continue to run unlimited entry Master Hunter tests if they choose. If entries are limited, the number must be stated in the premium and other event announcements. Entries shall be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

The Regulations regarding days required for testing and splitting of test levels remains the same as explained in Chapter 1, Section 18. This is a reminder that tests must be split if threshold levels are exceeded.

This change becomes effective for events held after April 1, 2013. If a club has not yet published its premium list for an event to be held after April 1, the limited entry provision may be utilized by including the information in the premium.

Service Fee: For events held after July 1, 2013, the AKC service fee will be $3.50 per entry. Currently the fee is $3.50 for the first entry of a dog and $3.00 for
    additional entries of the same dog in the event. This change will make the service fee consistent for all Performance Events and simplify the administrative process.

(Currently some Performance Events are assessed $3.50 per entry and others are assessed the split $3.50/$3.00 fee.)

The “Event Secretary’s Report” will be modified to reflect this change. The new service fee applies to events held after July 1, 2013.

Comments can be e-mailed to huntingtest@akc.org.
    Ellen & the Jollycurl Curlies
    working retrievers since 1979
    to be some day owned by:
    Thriller x Bebe puppy
    co-owned by:
    CH Sun Devil Nil Volentigus Arduum MH, WCX (Bebe)
    CH Clarion's Light One Candle (Molly)
    forever in my heart:
    CH Wimberway's Curly Baybelle ROMX (Bay) 1981 - 1996
    CH Soft Maple Crossing Delancy JH (Hannah) 1997 - 2004
    CH Soft Maple O'Dark Thirty CD RN MH WCQ ROM HOF (Jet) 1997 - 2010
    CH Jollybodies Touch 'Em All Time JH (Lola) 2001 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers Mom View Post
    Just noticed that there have been a few cancellations in the MH tests at Copper State. Looks like right now there are two spaces available on Saturday and 1 on Thursday if anyone wants to sign up and thought it was already full.

Arleen
    i have a feeling there are just more to come, bet a bunch of peeps signed up early just to hold spots, but will cancel and take the $4 loss. Much to do about nothing
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    i have a feeling there are just more to come, bet a bunch of peeps signed up early just to hold spots, but will cancel and take the $4 loss. Much to do about nothing
    Yes, I thought that might happen as well. Just hope if they cancel, they do it in enough time for others to make their plans to attend.