The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Gloating

Default Gloating

is unbecoming. JD posts his "Try" thread hoping to draw a conversation. Why would anyone make the effort to post something when it may get deleted , but that's how you censor things. It's unfortunate yardley no longer posts to provide a template for the left leaning learners.

TBS, those of us who love our country are not going away. Romney as a person is someone many could attempt to emulate to their own betterment. But, he is not a natural born conservative & his willingness to call out the auto bailout probably cost him OH & MI at the least. He definitely set a better example than the current POTUS. & the election was by no means a mandate as many, including the MSM, would like to have one believe.

TBS, National Review (12-3-12)has a very good series of articles though I disagree somewhat with their headline "Conservatives suffered a terrible defeat Nov 6, & there is no point in pretending otherwise." The inner portion goes on to basically refute that headline. But I'll add a quote from NR, mostly

Quote Originally Posted by nr
    Despair has led many to question their earlier confidence that America is a "center-right" country. It is certainly a country that has strong conservative impulses: Skepticism of government, respect for other's religious beliefs, concern for the family unit. What the country does not have is a center-right party that explains how to act on these impulses to improve the national condition. Until it does, it won't have a center-right majority either."
    Remember folks, real respect is unpurchased, & is definitely the best kind .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Why would anyone make the effort to post something when it may get deleted ,
    I don't know if you saw the thread I deleted, Marvin. In the second to last post before I deleted it, I posed the question, "If the OP has gone off topic and evolved into GDG, should it be deleted?"
    Bill Davis replied that it should, and I complied. It was really that simple.
    FWIW while I believe this is the option of anyone making the OP, I will resist in the future so it is not percieved as censorship or running away. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I don't know if you saw the thread I deleted, Marvin. In the second to last post before I deleted it, I posed the question, "If the OP has gone off topic and evolved into GDG, should it be deleted?"
    Bill Davis replied that it should, and I complied. It was really that simple.
    FWIW while I believe this is the option of anyone making the OP, I will resist in the future so it is not percieved as censorship or running away. JD
    I believed I was a participant . But if you try to pass it off as one person's posting delete that to is . The thread was not going the way you envisioned .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I believed I was a participant I don't remember.. But if you try to pass it off as one person's posting delete that to is . The thread was not going the way you envisioned .
    Neither is yours. I invited huntinman and starjack to either place me on ignore or exercise self-control. They seem incapable. Et tu Brute? JD

I remember now, you said I was snarky. I replied, "Snarky is as snarky does."

I think a post to wikipedia may be in order;

'Snarky'... pertaining to but not limited to any post on RTF PP.
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-29-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift