The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tank from RNT

I love it when old Jimbo sends Tank on a retrieve...."Taaaaaannnnkkkk" with that great drawl of his.
    Watermark's Mack Daddy MH

That is no good.... That is one of the very few hunting shows I can stomach these days. Jimmy and Tank were a big reason why. Sorry to hear of his loss, but at least he is not in any pain.
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Tank also in some of Stahl's Fowl Pursuit videos?
    HR Surrey's Space Dog Nala

The best long range duck load is a well trained retriever - Nash Buckingham

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Tank was a nice dog. Really was a dog I would love to hunt with. Sorry for your loss.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Sorry to hear about Tank. I like duck hunting shows that show good dog work and Tank always made the show a little better.

Mornin', I was made aware of this thread last week during a hunt and wanted to look it up and offer a belated thank you for the kind words y'all had about Tank. Like everyone else who has had a nice dog, he was special and will be missed by our family, I am quite sure that most of the folks on this forum know the feeling.

Thanks again,

Jim Ronquest
    RNT-V

Sorry about your dog... You were lucky to have him. And he was lucky to have you...
    Bill Davis

So sorry Jim.
    Really liked the show, and tank added to the complete package of a waterfowling show.

I have to ask for i know not.
    What is twisted stomach and what causes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ronquest View Post
    Mornin', I was made aware of this thread last week during a hunt and wanted to look it up and offer a belated thank you for the kind words y'all had about Tank. Like everyone else who has had a nice dog, he was special and will be missed by our family, I am quite sure that most of the folks on this forum know the feeling.

Thanks again,

Jim Ronquest
    RNT-V
    JimBo,

Thanks for stopping by RTF. I know I gave my condolences last week offline, but I'd like to reiterate here. I remember when you first got Tank. As I recall, his first water entry had you scratching your head. He sure turned out to know how to swim with the best of them.

I look forward to hearing how your next young retriever comes along.

Thanks so much for making time to visit with me and my partners last week. That meant a whole lot to those guys - and to me.

Chris

Thanks Chris! Yep when Tank was a pup he would hit the water hard and thrash around till he picked up the bird... Once he leveled out with a duck he was fine, I reckon it trimmed him out! Or he thought he could walk on water!

It was good to see you last week, sorry we did not have enough time to hang out more, give me a call when you get a chance and thanks for the condolences!

JimBo