The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: He Always liked Guns?

Here is the quote of what Costas's rant said:

Costas said:
    Writer Jason Whitlock, with whom I do not always agree but today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.
    Our current gun culture, Whitlock wrote, ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.’
    Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
    In the coming days, Jovan Belcher’s actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows? But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe: If Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

If you look at what Stan posted,, I wonder why there wasnt a direct lambasting towards the leauge dealing with injury, and the effects from them.
    Clearly the kid was troubled, had drinking problem,, taking way to many pain killers..... But Costas wants to USE THE TRDGEDY,, to drive his political views towards a National audience.. NBC,, And SNF should be ashamed of themselves.... The NFL should be really embarrassed from thes Guys rant during one of their games.... Those games are for entertainment puposes.. I dont give a Flip about Costas's political views..

I am more concerned for the grieving families, and the little one who lost both parents....

Bob Costas insulted everyone involved...A simple request for prayer would have done a lot more good...

The more I watch Football... Its getting to the point where I enjoy it more,,, if I just turn the sound compleatly off,,, and watch the game..

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The viewpoint of the Second is a bit more complicated than that. Hunting was a part of that. In the era of the founding of the republic, there was already a century of hostilities between settlers and native people. The founders did not trust a standing army, as it might turn into a tool of an oppressive government. But a population without arms would be defenseless without the existence of a standing army. After all, there was still a threat of a British invasion, particularly via Canada.

I own several firearms. I use them to hunt, plink and train dogs. While they could be used to defend my domicile, I have no interest in killing people. People that own firearms for the sole purpose of wanting to kill somebody, when the opportunity arises, need help in my estimation. It just fuels the gun phobic people who want to take your and my firearms away.
    Change in language in bold.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

The cold hard truth is this -If you take the fame out of the equation he's just another thug that shot his babies momma ,then was to scared to go to jail so he wanted his coach to see him shoot himself for some sympathy.

Sick of the media blaming folks who respect, exercise and honor the 2nd amendment. As far as I'm concerned there are to many people in the world anyways. If they want to kill themselves then go right ahead,but dont hold others responsible for having a week mind. The ones that dont understand survival of the fittest are the first to go. Grumpy Monday regards.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

From our on-line Cajun Christmas photos...http://973thedawg.com/galleries/

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Yikes! Not very good trigger discipline!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Instead of blaming the "gun culture" I think it would be fair to take a hard, hard look at the "professional sports celebrity" culture. In addition to the concerns voiced by HPL, you also have the fan worship, extreme wealth at an early age, and constant public and media exposure. Maybe one time all this stress shows in a Michael Vick fighting dogs and the next time an attack on family and self. Our worship of celebrities, be they athletes or talk show hosts, seems to me to be a bigger danger to our society than inanimate guns. I have yet to see a loaded gun lift itself up out of a safe and seek out and shoot itself at anything.

(got ya wonderin' now, right? 2talls a lib according to POTUS. But she believes it is more than a right, but a solemn duty to maintain weapons in order to protect her own household and family, not to mention all the duck and deer meat that the other half brings home!)

Good Point....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Here is the quote of what Costas's rant said:

Costas said:
    Writer Jason Whitlock, with whom I do not always agree but today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.
    Our current gun culture, Whitlock wrote, ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy, and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead.í
    Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it.
    In the coming days, Jovan Belcherís actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows? But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe: If Jovan Belcher didnít possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.

If you look at what Stan posted,, I wonder why there wasnt a direct lambasting towards the leauge dealing with injury, and the effects from them.
    Clearly the kid was troubled, had drinking problem,, taking way to many pain killers..... But Costas wants to USE THE TRDGEDY,, to drive his political views towards a National audience.. NBC,, And SNF should be ashamed of themselves.... The NFL should be really embarrassed from thes Guys rant during one of their games.... Those games are for entertainment puposes.. I dont give a Flip about Costas's political views..

I am more concerned for the grieving families, and the little one who lost both parents....

Bob Costas insulted everyone involved...A simple request for prayer would have done a lot more good...

The more I watch Football... Its getting to the point where I enjoy it more,,, if I just turn the sound compleatly off,,, and watch the game..

Gooser
    Quite frankly, Bob Costas is a TOOL!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    ...... a population without arms would be defenseless without the existence of a standing army. Change in language in bold.
    You really need to read Scalia's opinion in the link that I posted above. Part of the reason for bearing arms is to defend against that standing army. Seriously, read Scalia's opinion in its ENTIRETY. Very informative.

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I believe people should be OUTRAGED that NBC, and SNF, allowed Costas to sprew his political bias at the foot of such a tradgedy.....

Gooser
    I was miffed enough to start a potus thread hours afore Costas even wadded in. Just from the espn morning football countdown. he, as I saw the heap a growing and he chose to pile on! He could have spoke it another way. I wonder what if any feedback the league and the network are getting? Even Vermont public radio did a story about the Costas commentary and if liberal ol' them are talking about fox must. I have not had the TV on for a few, have you?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Like I have previously stated, blaming the gun is like blaming Rosie's fork!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis