The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: He Always liked Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigcat View Post
    Your comment was unncessary and clearly uninformed. For all you know those children may have already passed hunter's safety, are responsible gun handlers and can shoot better than you can. Just because an adolescent is holding a gun in a picture doesn't mean their parents are not-so-bright. Futhermore, including the "assault rifle" terminology in that statement is the same as Costas saying no one should own a "semi-automatic weapon".
    It doesn't matter if they are or not. Children holding assualt rifles to most americans does not look responsible. Want our guns taken from us...keep thumbing your nose at them with crap like this and we lose.

I'm sorry...stupid is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You are looking at it from in the box. Think about if you made the right to have a firearm to hunt very responsible through background checks and education and were percieved as responsible, and wrote it from a high authority...it would be hard for them to unset our guns.

Instead of being cute and having Christmas cards made with children holding assault rifles. So who is the problem the responsible gun owning hunter or the not so bright person letting children handle assault rifles.

Got to de-couple responsible from stupid to keep our guns
    Yes I am looking at it from in the box ...box of ammo that is.

I dont know about your states gun laws but all of that is needed now to own a gun in my state and my higher authority is the second amendment.

Yet my brother in law got a DWI several years back and had to use a public defense attorney and ended up with a fellony charge for that and now he can not own a gun or hunt because of a irresponsible driving decision...he was not in a wreck and was on an ATV on a county gravel road.

You'd really hate the pic of my 9 year old shooting my AR "deer rifle" then, but I guess if it was a wooden stock 223 with bolt action it wouldnt be a problem.

Sooo if the Christmas cards where with a kids first deer and they had their bolt action ,would that be acceptable to you?

I see your type as the ones that say if you cant beet em join em. Go ahead give them 2 of your guns and tell them one is mine !
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

It doesn't matter if they are or not. Children holding assualt rifles to most americans does not look responsible. Want our guns taken from us...keep thumbing your nose at them with crap like this and we lose.

Look at the American society you are talking about ,Jersey shore ,16 and pregnant,Rosie O'fatto , Rosanne Candybarr,etc.

Example ... Ted Nuggent ,very extreme yes I agree ,but he has a much needed role in this fight because they have their extremest's and we need them on our side also to trump the Rosanne Barr's for equal balance.
    Shawn White

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Now folks, its not bob costas fault you heard him rant and rave about gun culture. Its the microphones fault. We should ban microphones...

/Paul

Now I might actually be able to get behind that!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Ok...keep looking at it through rose colored glasses. But tell me, wouldn't it be smarter just to enjoy our guns and use them as the tool they were designed for without making mockery with them? Oh no...I used a $5 word. Just think about it....enjoy your guns and keep it to yourself....I'm sure their is a mom at the your children's school that would be very alarmed to hear that your young children or handling firearms especially assault rifles.

When I lived in NJ....I found out that one my sons friends could not come to my house because we had guns in the house, albeit they were in a safe. So encouraging the bragging of shouting assault rifles with children gets parents nervous.

Kind of like our dog trials...we don't push them on the folks that view the useless killing of ducks. So out of sight out of mind and no one complains. But if we did, it would just be a matter of time and we would be using the rubber ducks like in Canada

I think you meant to say ignorance is bliss. You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

You are looking at it from in the box. Think about if you made the right to have a firearm to hunt very responsible through background checks and education and were percieved as responsible, and wrote it from a high authority...it would be hard for them to unset our guns.

Instead of being cute and having Christmas cards made with children holding assault rifles. So who is the problem the responsible gun owning hunter or the not so bright person letting children handle assault rifles.

Got to de-couple responsible from stupid to keep our guns
    Man, I have a REAL problem with that idea. First and foremost, it means that owning a firearm is no longer a "right" tied to every human's creator endowed right to self defense, but rather, a "privilege" granted to individual citizens by the government. This is no small point and if responsible gun owners, such as we would like to believe that you are don't get that, we really are in trouble (For Christ's Sake, read Scalia's opinion at the link I provided earlier!!). It also means that the Gov't would need to know exactly what firearms were in my possession, and that's none of their business. It would also necessitate the creation and staffing of ANOTHER regulatory agency (and regulatory agency have a tendency to get bigger, more powerful, and more intrusive pretty quickly). I think that your point in the first paragraph is really wrong headed and very dangerous.

That being said, I completely agree with the second point. That photo, which is perfectly OK (except I don't like the fact that it appears that all have fingers inside the trigger guards) within some sections of the sporting population, could easily be used pretty convincingly against gun owners by the shrill elements of the anti gun faction. Once on the web, everybody can see it and use it for their own purposes. I hesitate to use words like stupid (you see I didn't use any in my first paragraph), but this photo seems ill advised and perhaps a bit naive to me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

But its not out of sight out of mind ,when a NFL thug makes national news for killing his babies momma,then the heat is put right back on responsible gun owners.

By no means am I the type to parade my guns around ,but I will also not look the other way as extremists try to take them.

The only thing that gun assaulted was a piece of paper,it inflicked the same damage as your so-called hunting rifle.

If the NJ parents where not so mis-informed about you as a gun owner maybe the kid could have came over ,but instead people like you choose to keep quite about how guns and responsibility go hand and hand.

Canada uses rubber ducks because they gave into goverment ruling long before the duck issue...see how this cycle works ...give an inch and they will take a mile.
    Last edited by shawninthesticks; 12-05-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Shawn White

Should we ban banjos?

The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Should we ban banjos?

You don't ban banjos, you just have to check in with the government every time you pick one up to play it

BTW, I read the Salia opinion. Quite informative.
    Last edited by Brad Turner; 12-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey