The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: He Always liked Guns?

The constitution is always up for interpertation...and it depends on who is interperting it...keep that in mine. My point is I don't want to lose my guns and I want to keep that right. However, I believe that if we hold true to the 2nd amendment guarantees us that right, one day in our lifetime, it will fail us, because we are out numbered by the folks that don't want to have guns.

So if we could de-couple hunting guns from guns in general...I think we have a better chance of keeping those guns in the long run.

Just like you thought Mickey Moose could beat Obama, you saw that he couldn't because the country has moved more to the center.

I'm not a lefty when it comes to guns, what I am is a realist and me personally would give up a gun right to have full right to my hunting rifles.

No need to argue with me...I understand your postion and know that you believe if any rights get taken away you lose the battle. That is one way to look at it, but all I'm saying is that I think that position will lose it for all of us in time.
    Last edited by menmon; 12-05-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    The constitution is always up for interpertation...and it depends on who is interperting it...keep that in mine. My point is I don't want to lose my guns and I want to keep that right. However, I believe that if we hold true to the 2nd amendment guarantees us that right, one day in our lifetime, it will fail us, because we are out numbered by the folks that don't want to have guns.

So if we could de-couple hunting guns from guns in general...I think we have a better chance of keeping those guns in the long run.

Just like you thought Mickey Moose could beat Obama, you saw that he couldn't because the country has moved more to the center.

I'm not a lefty when it comes to guns, what I am is a realist and me personally would give up a gun right to have full right to my hunting rifles.

No need to argue with me...I understand your postion and know that you believe if any rights get taken away you lose the battle. That is one way to look at it, but all I'm saying is that I think that position will lose it for all of us in time.
    Have you ever read that "pesky document?"
    Stan b & Elvis

Yep...kind of like the bible that I've read a few time too. Can be interpreted countless ways and people tend to interpreted both in ways that suit their agendas.

I'm not saying that it did not provide us the right....I'm saying that the people and the world have changed and at some point it will get interpreted they way they want it to be.

The same gun you use to hunt will kill people to. I don't think it is completely about the object of the gun its about the principle. Give an inch and they will take a mile.

I know a few people that aren't hunters/gun owners but that doesn't mean they think I shouldn't have mine.

An AR is a great hunting gun highly accurate,and tuff under extreme hunting conditions (223 or 308 caliber),and it doesn't care who/what you point it at it will kill whenever you pull the trigger,the same as a Remington BDL.

So if I say my deer rifle happens to be an AR ,does that mean it falls under the "hunting gun category" and its fine to own?

Or if my REM BDL is an assault rife I should not be able to posses it?

A semi auto Marlin 22 call is just a couple strokes of a file in the right spot away from becoming a fully auto machine gun,so now we need to turn them in to?

I'll never be convinced that if you give them a couple of your guns they will say "that's all we wanted was a couple of them ,thanks for your help"

It's not a fine line in the gun case -its a big fat line drawn in the sand, I am not a criminal and I have the right to own any firearm I see fit as long as I show responsible actions with it.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    The same gun you use to hunt will kill people to. I don't think it is completely about the object of the gun its about the principle. Give an inch and they will take a mile.

I know a few people that aren't hunters/gun owners but that doesn't mean they think I shouldn't have mine.

An AR is a great hunting gun highly accurate,and tuff under extreme hunting conditions (223 or 308 caliber),and it doesn't care who/what you point it at it will kill whenever you pull the trigger,the same as a Remington BDL.

So if I say my deer rifle happens to be an AR ,does that mean it falls under the "hunting gun category" and its fine to own?

A semi auto Marlin 22 call is just a couple strokes of a file in the right spot away from becoming a fully auto machine gun,so now we need to turn them in to?

I'll never be convinced that if you give them a couple of your guns they will say "that's all we wanted was a couple of them ,thanks for your help" They won't, they will get them all!!!

It's not a fine line in the gun case -its a big fat line drawn in the sand, I am not a criminal and I have the right to own any firearm I see fit as long as I show responsible actions with it.
    It's called "incremental secular progressivism."
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post

I'll never be convinced that if you give them a couple of your guns they will say "that's all we wanted was a couple of them ,thanks for your help"

You are looking at it from in the box. Think about if you made the right to have a firearm to hunt very responsible through background checks and education and were percieved as responsible, and wrote it from a high authority...it would be hard for them to unset our guns.

Instead of being cute and having Christmas cards made with children holding assault rifles. So who is the problem the responsible gun owning hunter or the not so bright person letting children handle assault rifles.

Got to de-couple responsible from stupid to keep our guns

Menmon, there you go again calling people stupid! Man that is loaded with irony!

Now folks, its not bob costas fault you heard him rant and rave about gun culture. Its the microphones fault. We should ban microphones...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

You are looking at it from in the box. Think about if you made the right to have a firearm to hunt very responsible through background checks and education and were percieved as responsible, and wrote it from a high authority...it would be hard for them to unset our guns.

Instead of being cute and having Christmas cards made with children holding assault rifles. So who is the problem the responsible gun owning hunter or the not so bright person letting children handle assault rifles.

Got to de-couple responsible from stupid to keep our guns
    Your comment was unncessary and clearly uninformed. For all you know those children may have already passed hunter's safety, are responsible gun handlers and can shoot better than you can. Just because an adolescent is holding a gun in a picture doesn't mean their parents are not-so-bright. Futhermore, including the "assault rifle" terminology in that statement is the same as Costas saying no one should own a "semi-automatic weapon".

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Now folks, its not bob costas fault you heard him rant and rave about gun culture. Its the microphones fault. We should ban microphones...

/Paul
    I see what you did there... I just read a quote online a little while ago that fits this thread "since every one keeps blaming guns I have been watching my kimber laying on my bed since I cleaned it about 30 mins ago and I think its defective as it has not shot me yet...."