The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: He Always liked Guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Should we ban banjos?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    You don't ban banjos, you just have to check in with the government every time you pick one up to play it

If you are in Southern Georgia and you hear them you better paddle faster
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    It doesn't matter if they are or not. Children holding assualt rifles to most americans does not look responsible. Want our guns taken from us...keep thumbing your nose at them with crap like this and we lose.

I'm sorry...stupid is stupid

Do tell
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Ok...keep looking at it through rose colored glasses. But tell me, wouldn't it be smarter just to enjoy our guns and use them as the tool they were designed for without making mockery with them? Oh no...I used a $5 word.
    No... That's just a $2 word. Good try though.
    Bill Davis

I have read menmom's post several times and I can't seem to find any $5.00 words maybe $1.50 words at best. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No... That's just a $2 word. Good try though.
    Sorry Mike. However Bill, mockery is part of the lexicon of PP and as such, is not a $2 word as well. It's just what we do here.
    Will America and the internet be the death of the English language?

Sorry for the lousy grammar...JD

PS Maybe a writing student can hold our toes to the flame?

Banjo's?

Death by piccolo?

I'll have to re-consider my list of alternative murder weapons. Didn't someone write about piccolo's? Where did they come from? A giant wok in southern Italy where flutes are boiled in oil to produce piccolo's, half-sized flutes.
    A Mediterranean flute fry....?

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-05-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

The same people that want to take away your guns rights is the same crowd that wants to take away your right to hunt! They are one and the same and shouldn't be appeased.

As HPL mentioned, the main reason is in defending ourselves from a treasonist government. That is becoming more of a reality everyday. The government class has become the privliged class as we now work for them and they not for us.

WE are only free when the government fears the people. Give up our arms and we are slaves!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-05-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The same people that want to take away your guns rights is the same crowd that wants to take away your right to hunt! They are one and the same and shouldn't be appeased.

As HPL mentioned, the main reason is in defending ourselves from a treasonist government. That is becoming more of a reality everyday. The government class has become the privliged class as we now work for them and they not for us.

WE are only free when the government fears the people. Give up our arms and we are slaves!
    A reasonable paraphrase of Justice Scalia'a point.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Just a question. We want to maintain our rights to resist an oppressive government. What good will our AR'S do when you can be targeted by your IP address provided by your post on PP by a predator drone?

Just askin...JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Just a question. We want to maintain our rights to resist an oppressive government. What good will our AR'S do when you can be targeted by your IP address provided by your post on PP by a predator drone?

Just askin...JD
    There you go, Hugh. Spoiling the fun.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    There you go, Hugh. Spoiling the fun.
    I killed a goose last year with a bolt action Montgomery-Ward 20 GA. with a bent barrel. Just took a little more lead, ya know....JD