The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AKC & HRC in Central Fl = Success!

Senior Member Chelsey's Triple H's Avatar

Thumbs up AKC & HRC in Central Fl = Success!

We just returned home from running the dual tests and wanted to thank both the Mid FL Golden Ret. Club and Central FL HRC club for putting together two awesome tests this weekend, as well as, Wayne & Sharon (the landowners who graciously welcomed us), the judges, marshalls, bird-boys etc. for all their hard work. I wasn't sure how they would handle the various stakes considering all three levels of HRC were offered and Jr and Sr of AKC, but as someone who floated between two stakes, I was rather impressed by the end of the weekend. In conversation, several other handlers noted how smooth it went, even one person who was running dogs in Senior, Seasoned and Finished, so kudos to both clubs for making this weekend a success!

My boy Ryder went 2/2 in both Senior and Seasoned this weekend. He's my first dog training to this level and between the blinds and gun handling, I wasn't sure if entering both (for the exposure) would be beneficial, but we made the most of our experience. Courtesy of Stephen Durrence, I even had a motto for the weekend "Nervousness is a waste of emotion"...ummm about that motto...I was still nervous. A fun weekend nonetheless with a dog who keeps me on my toes.

Chelsey
    The rescue who started it all...
    "Hailey" USJ SHR Havasu's Hollywood Heartache RE (7 RAE) JH CGC WC (Retired)
    and the youngster
    "Ryder" UUJ HR Nog's Knightly Trek to Hollywood CD RAE SH NAJ THD CGC WC CC

Congratulations to Chelsey and Ryder!!! Chelsey you should be very proud of yourself and Ryder all the hard work and training you've put in to Ryder is now coming together and you two are a great team.
    HRCH Dallys Wild Willow SH Born 11-06-97 Left Us 1-30-12 will always be in my thoughts RIP Willow

Excellent! Great job.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Big congrats to you!!!

Thats a bunch of hard work right there..

I love the picture of the dogs water re-entry return with the bird in its mouth..
    I bet that dog is FUN to train and watch run tests.

Great Job!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

May I send congratulations as a charter member of Central Florida HRC. I hope Bill and Marylyn Dumas are still doing well also. I have fond memories of that preliminary hunt ( that is where my white boots got spray painted Day Glo Orange, thanks to some members of Old South HRC. Even though I had another pair in the van, I judged all day in those Orange monstrosities. Those were the fun days, bill
    'Show up for work, do the best job you can and treat others the way you would like to be treated'

Super job MFGRC & CFHRC! Congrats Chelsea & Ryder!
    Anney Doucette
    Gainesville FL
    www.k9-design.com
    & "Fisher" CH Deauxquest Hard Day's Knight UDT VER RAE MH WCX CCA VCX OS DDHF; Can. CD WC
    & "Slater" Morninglo Wing-T Your Bird Can Sing CD MH WCX CCA VC
    & Bally too! (puppy)
    www.go-fisher.com

I am glad to hear the tests went off well. And congratulations on all your passes. Well done.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Looks like you're both having a good time. Congratulations.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Chelsey:

It was great meeting you and it was a pleasure having a front row seat both days watching you and Ryder work. You have a nice dog and your hard work in training him yourself sure is paying off. Congratulations! - Brian
    Brian Skibicki, Richmond Hill Georgia (South Bryan County)

HRCH Ogeechee River's Spur of The Moment MH
    HR Ogeechee River's Midnight Rider

Gunners Up Dealer and User

I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there. - Rev. Billy Graham

Here is Finished A - Test on Saturday - Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGYC2ddJ0I
    Steve

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought." Matsuo Basho

"Don't find fault, find a remedy." Henry Ford

"If you can't accept losing, you can't win." Vince Lombardi