RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Leather Lanyards

8K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Steve Hester 
#1 ·
Greetings! Does anyone have any web links for people that make quality braided leather lanyards? I'm looking for something to hold a whistle and duck call. I've seen plenty around, but always forget to ask about them.

Thanks!

Sue Puff

#7 ·
Make that X's Three

#19 ·
www.knotsmith.com if you want true artistry....they are beautifully made, and worth every penny. (and I am a serious leather snob, I freely admit). ;)
a 5 month wait! yikes! I'd bet they're good if they've got a waiting list that long!

#10 ·
#12 ·
They're heirloom caliber....works of art. The price does reflect the quality...the simple one I had him make ten years ago now goes for just over $200. If nothing else, go read the FAQs....highly entertaining...he has a dry sense of humor, and is a good guy. And his braiding and quality is top shelf.

#22 · (Edited)
I wanted to say that Bob does absolutely beautiful work - I've been looking for over a year for a very specific lanyard (super thin, high quality) and he was able to deliver! Turn around time was fast for custom work. I hope the recipient of the lanyard likes it! If not I'll keep it for myself! ;)

#18 ·
Sue
I got my lanyard and a 4' lead from Oak Creek Kennels. They do really nice work, and when Mercy Chewed the $75 lead and $120 lanyard, I sent them back and for $60 they repaired them both and sent them back...except for a few more leather knots, you wouldn't know they were repaired! Gotta love Mercy!

#21 · (Edited)
I have a couple whistles on a string and a duck call in my pocket. Does a leather lanyard help?

Not to hijack regards, Just askin? JD

BTW....I have a filson duck coat in the back seat that the dogs have been sleepin' on for a dozen years and it's still not broken in. Any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.