The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fiscal Cliff

We aren't talking just about the Buffets, Gates, or the Trumps as the rich, any household making over $250k is now rich. The last time I checked that wasn't rich, that was well off but not rich. My dads small business makes enough to be "rich" but I don't see him living the life of luxury that the President likes to portray. I see a man in his 60's getting up at 0530 everyday and working till 1700 just so his business runs smoothly.

Banned

"The regime is only after breaking the Republicans apart. Obama has no intentions of balancing anything. He's totally hell-bent on punishing his rivals, with his demands for higher rates on the wealthy. If you fools believe his "rate war" will resolve the deficite problems, then you are bigger fools than your 'prince' is. You can bet he KNOWS his tax increases will do nothing but make the Republicans bow to him, and give him his REAL victory." Uncle Bill

That is what you do when you are in a fight. You crush your opponent and break their will. Don't pretend that a Rbloodlican president wouldn't do the same thing. If you believe they would "play nice" with the other side, you are the proverbial "fool" as you so freely call anybody that doesn't buy into your pre-historic mindset.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PMG 131 View Post
    We aren't talking just about the Buffets, Gates, or the Trumps as the rich, any household making over $250k is now rich. The last time I checked that wasn't rich, that was well off but not rich. My dads small business makes enough to be "rich" but I don't see him living the life of luxury that the President likes to portray. I see a man in his 60's getting up at 0530 everyday and working till 1700 just so his business runs smoothly.
    How many employees does your father's business have? Does he have a manager under him?

7 full time and 5 part time, with several seasonal or per project. All of which make above average wages for the job and region.

Banned

7 full time and 5 part time, with several seasonal or per project. All of which make above average wages for the job and region.
    Sounds like he needs to get a more efficient manager to direct the workforce. Delegate some of the tasks to people and take some of the pressure off of himself.

Its not that simple in his business. Belive me he has tried.

Banned

Its not that simple in his business. Belive me he has tried.
    Well I hope he finds a way to lighten the load on himself.

The higher marginal tax rate only applies to the money one makes over $250,000 So lets say you make $300,000 of taxable income...you taxes go up $2500. I can live with that to secure my economy. Now I also want spending cuts especially in defense. It is rediculus how much money we spend on defense. We can crush anyone and they don't hold a candle to our military strength and we have found that special forces and drones are the way to fight the problems we have anyway.

Those defense workers that will lose their jobs will have to move and work in the oilfield or detriot

Banned

The problem that I see with the GOP proposal is the fact that they are not being specific on what loopholes they want to close. Sound familiar? It should, Romney said he would close loopholes, yet wouldn't specify which ones. If Boehner would specify which ones, maybe Obama would be willing to listen a little bit.

HOw about Obama quit spending so much darn money!!! CUT CUT CUT and then cut some more. Oh and make those who don't pay start coughing up some cash!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI