The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: The Fiscal Cliff

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    HOw about Obama quit spending so much darn money!!! CUT CUT CUT and then cut some more. Oh and make those who don't pay start coughing up some cash!
    Not just Obama spending the money, it's all of the politicians spending money we don't have. It's not just one party, it's both and has been that way for a long time. How about the Rebloodlicans get specific on which loopholes they are going to close. It's just like the obamacare thing that everybody complains about. "Let's pass it first and then we'll figure out what's in there."
    Those that don't pay probably don't have the cash to cough up because they live paycheck to paycheck.

  2. #32
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,767

    Default

    The problem is the spending. Forget raising taxes on those that already pay thru the nose they will just spend more.
    Eliminate a bunch of crap starting with the dept of Ed. Thats just flushing money down the toilet. Let the states do it.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The problem is the spending. Forget raising taxes on those that already pay thru the nose they will just spend more.
    Eliminate a bunch of crap starting with the dept of Ed. Thats just flushing money down the toilet. Let the states do it.
    Explain how trying to fund education is wasting money please. So everything should be up to the states discretion. What would the Federal govt be for then? If the states are going to have the say over everything, why is the GOP complaining about the legalizing of pot in some states? If it is going to be left up to the states and the voters of that state, don't cry when the Feds don't come in and arrest the people legally growing weed.

  4. #34
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,767

    Default

    Carter started the dept of education. Education in this country has lost ground to other countries since then.
    Lets send it completely back to local and state governments since they did a better job and it would eliminate a ton of wasteful beurocrats.
    The federal gov't main purpose is defending the country!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Carter started the dept of education. Education in this country has lost ground to other countries since then.
    Lets send it completely back to local and state governments since they did a better job and it would eliminate a ton of wasteful beurocrats.
    The federal gov't main purpose is defending the country!
    And when the states don't have enough money to sustain their education system, what then? They cut teachers out of jobs, and the ones that don't lose their job, get their pay and benefits cut. That's the way I understand it to work.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    And when the states don't have enough money to sustain their education system, what then? They cut teachers out of jobs, and the ones that don't lose their job, get their pay and benefits cut. That's the way I understand it to work.
    There have been several education threads on this forum - you might read a few of those before you press submit - hopefully it would broaden your knowledge. You also might read some CATO publications on the subject.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There have been several education threads on this forum - you might read a few of those before you press submit - hopefully it would broaden your knowledge. You also might read some CATO publications on the subject.
    Ok let's get back to my original statement. What loopholes is Boner going to close? Lets have specifics. Don't change the subject to something else that you want to cut without raising taxes on the wealthiest people.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Ok let's get back to my original statement. What loopholes is Boner going to close? Lets have specifics. Don't change the subject to something else that you want to cut without raising taxes on the wealthiest people.
    ..........................
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  9. #39
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Ok let's get back to my original statement. What loopholes is Boner going to close? Lets have specifics. Don't change the subject to something else that you want to cut without raising taxes on the wealthiest people.
    There is no reason to raise taxes on the wealthy period. The problem is spending, cut the spending.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  10. #40
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    There is no reason to raise taxes on the wealthy period. The problem is spending, cut the spending.
    Just need to let the tax cuts expire....that way everyone pays part of the bill and don't have to kiss some republicans ass to get it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •