The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Can anyone explain....

  1. #31
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What is really depressing to read on POTUS is that many think that the Repubs are morally superior to the Dems and that the Repubs offers some kind of political salvation.

    What a child you've become. If it weren't for the large contingency of Tea Party promoted Republicans in the Congress, there would be no fight to hold down taxes. Please explain to the posters here, just how many LIBERTARIANS are fighting off the socialists?

    Thump your chest all you want, but in reality you haven't produced squat in an effort to hold back the SFN crowd.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  2. #32
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What a child you've become. If it weren't for the large contingency of Tea Party promoted Republicans in the Congress, there would be no fight to hold down taxes. Please explain to the posters here, just how many LIBERTARIANS are fighting off the socialists?

    Thump your chest all you want, but in reality you haven't produced squat in an effort to hold back the SFN crowd.

    UB
    But he is doing a good job holding up that imaginary windmill...
    Bill Davis

  3. #33
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What a child you've become. If it weren't for the large contingency of Tea Party promoted Republicans in the Congress, there would be no fight to hold down taxes. Please explain to the posters here, just how many LIBERTARIANS are fighting off the socialists?

    Thump your chest all you want, but in reality you haven't produced squat in an effort to hold back the SFN crowd.

    UB
    Tea Party is done as of this last election. Maybe you missed the 12 seats they lost and Dick Armey's departure. They lost all credibility when they backed a big spending, big government politicians for President. Besides, they really aren't a party but a small faction within a dying party. Whereas the Libertarian Party Presidential candidate received 1,2000,000 votes and won some state seats. Add that they Liobertarian Party is the fastest growing Political party and it is the future opposition to the Dems because it represents real ideals and not the far-right of the GOP.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Dick Armey's departure.
    Dick Armey ??????????????????????????????? This guy has less credibility than Newt !!!!!!!!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #35
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Dick Armey ??????????????????????????????? This guy has less credibility than Newt !!!!!!!!
    He was one of the Teas' Intellectual members heading up one of their more popular websites.

    The Teas want to cut spending in some areas but Military spending is off limits to them. I think we are all for a strong Defense but our Military spending is out of control. They backed Santorum for President, that told me enough to know that Liberty is an empty slogan for them.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  6. #36
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    not much for you to bitch about then?
    or are you afeared of the rope climb to get into Franco's Tree Fort?
    Sure I can bitch, it's what we do here on PP. I voted for GJ not because I live in a tree house with Franco. I disagree with Franco on many of his Libertarian views, I'm probably more of a socialist, (if I dare admit that here.) I voted for GJ because he was an exceptional Republican Governor in a very blue state. His record speaks for itself.
    I do not let myself be defined by others, nor the status quo.
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  7. #37
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Sure I can bitch, it's what we do here on PP. I voted for GJ not because I live in a tree house with Franco. I disagree with Franco on many of his Libertarian views, I'm probably more of a socialist, (if I dare admit that here.) I voted for GJ because he was an exceptional Republican Governor in a very blue state. His record speaks for itself.
    I do not let myself be defined by others, nor the status quo.
    JD
    FWIW----I have more respect for someone who admits it than someone who bobs and weaves!
    I am sure there are reasons that led you there.
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #38
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    RK, it's really more of a rope-a-dope style than bobbing and weaving.

  9. #39
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    FWIW----I have more respect for someone who admits it than someone who bobs and weaves!
    I am sure there are reasons that led you there.
    Of course there are Stan. I respect your not responding with an attack. Maybe some day we'll sit in a gallery together, and we'll talk dogs not politics. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #40
    Senior Member 2tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Sure I can bitch, it's what we do here on PP. I voted for GJ not because I live in a tree house with Franco. I disagree with Franco on many of his Libertarian views, I'm probably more of a socialist, (if I dare admit that here.) I voted for GJ because he was an exceptional Republican Governor in a very blue state. His record speaks for itself.
    I do not let myself be defined by others, nor the status quo.

    JD
    Great comment Hugh! And this is why I sometimes "drop out" after getting involved with a thread. I will not allow someone to label or define me or my choices. Thanks!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •