RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Red River RC of Texas - Fall Field Trial

13K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Judy Chute 
#1 ·
I'll go ahead and start the thread since we're just 3 days away. This will be my dog's first field trial, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles it. See everyone Friday.

#8 ·
Qual:
1st-2-Hardy/Avant
2nd-29-Emmy/Avant
3rd-39-Abbey/Wright
4th-6-King/Noga
RJ-27-Jake/Wright
J-24-Lu/Piland

Open to double land blind with poison bird.
2,3,5,10,12-19,21-24,26-29,32,34,35,36,38,40,41,42,44
46,48,50,51,53-63,65,68-74,77,81,82,84-89,92

#14 ·
X2!!!
Hardy has been very consistent as both Derby and Qual dog earning 25 or so Derby points followed up by several Qual finishes. Im very excited to see him step up and play with the "big dogs".

#16 ·
Open WB is a throat slitting. 75 yd entry, swim, hit a point, little swim then run along the bank for 100 ydd, with water on your left, with wind blowing 10-15 mph left to right. There was a poison bird thrown right to left onto the bare beach. Line to the blind is under the arc, within 10 ft of the bird. Dogs have to kick off back into the water immediately after passing under the arc.

1 out of every 4-5 dogs have picked up the actual blind.

No comment.

#25 ·
Congrats Dr.Ed. Your Holland is a fantastic young dog, with an even brighter future!!!
I too, was VERY excited about the Holland x Tease litter Troy had mentioned.

#24 ·
Congrats DrEd

#27 ·
Congratulations to everyone placed and finished in the Amateur - I thought Jerry and John did a great job! Dittos Janice on the congrats to Mike and Rainey. Pretty cool to play with the pups while Mom places! Slider is proud!

Also congrats to the placers and finishers in the open, especially Dr. Ed for Holland's win! I am very proud of my green ribbon in that open, especially because of that water blind! Seriously had my heart rate in the 200s going under the arc of that poison bird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.