The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiroshima VS. Detroit

Default Hiroshima VS. Detroit

Anyone get this e-mail?

I can't figure out how to post all the pictures, pm me you e-mail, I will send it to you!!

It's pretty amazing.
    It is deliciously ironic.
    It is devesatingly sad.......but true.

A nuclear bomb couldn't do what progressives can!!!

Guys, read all the way to the end, it’s not what you think, but will make you think!!

STATEMENT AT THE END SAYS IT ALL !

67 years later!

What happened to the radiation that
    Lasts thousands of years?

HIROSHIMA 1945

We all know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed in August 1945
    After the explosion of atomic bombs.
    However, we know little about the progress made by the people of that land
    During the past 67 years.

HIROSHIMA - 67 YEARS LATER

DETROIT- 67 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA

What has caused more long term destruction-
    The A-bomb,
    Or
    Government welfare programs created to buy the
    Votes of those who want someone to take care of them?

Japan does not have a welfare system.

Work for it or do without.

These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read and all applicable to this experiment:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Can you think of a reason for not sharing this? Neither could I.

Last edited by road kill; 12-04-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Spot on, RK! Kinda hard to argue with this but I'm sure a couple of the "other" guys will give it a shot. What's sad is it's just not Detroit. There's plenty of places suffering a similar fate in the name of progressivism. You never hear about the number of major cities in America under Democrat rule and the continued decline and plight of it's citizens. Very good post, RK!

Thanks Stan for sharing that, I too could not find a reason for not sharing it as well! A little of topic but, as the real estate markets have plummeted around the country, WA D.C.'s market has continued to flourish through the entire recession, hmmmm!

Do you think it will take another 67 years, under the likes of the fools that voted in this current regime, to develope a lot more "Detroit's"?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Very evocative story; emotional, hard hitting....but alas, inaccurate.

The Japanese do have a welfare system, try a simple google search for Japan Social Welfare System, check too on their National Healthcare System, it is regarded as one of the best run systems in the world.

As for the forlorn photos of an abandoned Detroit factory, cheer up mate there is plenty of room for optimism, here are some links which will put a smile on your face and a Made in America button back on your chest.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...490039626.html
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...-car-assembly/
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/06/t...t-auto-plants/

There are lots of problems in the world worth fretting over, don't waste time on the red herrings.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Very evocative story; emotional, hard hitting....but alas, inaccurate.

The Japanese do have a welfare system, try a simple google search for Japan Social Welfare System, check too on their National Healthcare System, it is regarded as one of the best run systems in the world.

As for the forlorn photos of an abandoned Detroit factory, cheer up mate there is plenty of room for optimism, here are some links which will put a smile on your face and a Made in America button back on your chest.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...490039626.html
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...-car-assembly/
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/06/t...t-auto-plants/

There are lots of problems in the world worth fretting over, don't waste time on the red herrings.
    So then, where would you rather live right now, down town Hiroshima or down town Detroit????
    Stan b & Elvis

I love Vancouver weather and wouldn't live anywhere else, I have lived in Japan and hated the humidity in the summer and the cold of winter, found the same to be true when I lived in Toronto and suspect that the climate in Detroit would be similar, so that's a no there for me too.

The important question is did the story you posted have sufficient truth to be credible and deserve worrying yourself over and the clear answer is, no it did not. Japan has a National Healthcare System and Social Welfare, and Detroit may have been put to death slowly over the years but Claycomo is rising and Dearborn is doing fine.

From the perspective of an outsider I am appalled by the ferocious level of animosity I see being whipped up to divide the population of the USA, it truly distresses me to see facts misrepresented to create unnecessary anxiety (not blaming you, I see you as an innocent victim here). A great nation has to be imbued with confidence from the top down and the bottom up and that just can't happen where lies and manipulation seek to replace truth and wisdom.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

I love Vancouver weather and wouldn't live anywhere else, I have lived in Japan and hated the humidity in the summer and the cold of winter, found the same to be true when I lived in Toronto and suspect that the climate in Detroit would be similar, so that's a no there for me too.

The important question is did the story you posted have sufficient truth to be credible and deserve worrying yourself over and the clear answer is, no it did not. Japan has a National Healthcare System and Social Welfare, and Detroit may have been put to death slowly over the years but Claycomo is rising and Dearborn is doing fine.

From the perspective of an outsider I am appalled by the ferocious level of animosity I see being whipped up to divide the population of the USA, it truly distresses me to see facts misrepresented to create unnecessary anxiety (not blaming you, I see you as an innocent victim here). A great nation has to be imbued with confidence from the top down and the bottom up and that just can't happen where lies and manipulation seek to replace truth and wisdom.
    In the past 18 months I have been to Tokyo Japan and Detroit MI.

I would not live in the city of Detroit or Pontiac or Dearborn for that matter, given a choice, I would live in Hiroshima, though I have only visited Canon HQ in the outskirts of Tokyo.

I "HATE" what has happened to Detroit.

But obviously, you know more...................

BTW---Who has governed Detroit for the last 50 years?
    The proof is in the pudding.

But clearly, you know far more of what's going on than I, after all, you are a liberal.......my apologies.

Oh, and I have been to Vancouver (Wizards of the Coast HQ's), though not recently, lovely city.
    Some call it San Francisco north.
    I wonder why???
    Last edited by road kill; 12-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Very nicely worded. Thank you for your unbiased observation.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Very nicely worded. Thank you for your unbiased observation.
    There you go Blind.....murral stark likes you post.

Cause it's unbiased.......

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis