The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Badgers losing their coach to Arkansas??? GDG

As an Arkansan I think it's a good hire.

Quote Originally Posted by verne socks View Post
    Not a huge Bielema fan......Sure he went to 3 straight Rose bowls but hasn't won one yet. Think he was sorta lucky and followed on Barry Alvarez's coat tails. Haven't been impressed with his coaching - not sad that he is leaving! Feel for the seniors who will play their last games at the Rose Bowl now that this has happened.
    coattails? 3 conference titles and average win/season of 9.5? sour grapes? no coach has ever been to 3 straight bcs bowls not even saban.

big east, big 10, big 12, ACC, and pac 12 are all the SEC's minor league farm system...and we are calling up the AAA first round pick

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    coattails? 3 conference titles and average win/season of 9.5? sour grapes? no coach has ever been to 3 straight bcs bowls not even saban.

big east, big 10, big 12, ACC, and pac 12 are all the SEC's minor league farm system...and we are calling up the AAA first round pick
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post

No sour grapes - good luck with your new coach. I wanted to like him....I really did..

holtz? hatfield? petrino? i think the latter proved you could win at arkansas in modern era. what was texas a&m's record against arkansas in southwest classic before they joined SEC? look at cam newton and auburn thats a&ms future. johnny football is a stud no doubt but after next year hes gone (pro) then what?.
    Repeat after me....Arkansas has not one a conference championship in over 20 years. The reality is that puts Arkansas in the same list as Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Try to slam Texas, A&M or whoever you want. But they each have some skins on the wall in the past 20 years. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Bon if he has all this $, then why doesnt he buy himself one heck of a good football mind to be the GM of the 'Boys?
    EGO...he doesnt want to admit that it was Jimmy Johnson that had the eye for the talent and put together the Cowboys teams of Aikman, Smith, Irvin...He also has hitched his wagon to Romo, who was an undrafted free agent that happened to be in the right spot when Bledsoe got hurt, he was on the taxi squad and a project....like some sportwriter said" just because you are the QB for the Cowboys, doesnt mean you are great"

and yes Blake I forgot about the Walton's and the Tyson's of Arkansas....I think its a very good hire
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

the sec has won 9 of 15 (im assuming alabama is going to clobber notre dame like most will agree) bcs championships. so by saying we havent won sec just means we havent won a national championship (in bcs era). tons of other schools havent either. we have been to sec championship 3 times. 3x more any team you mentioned (ms state had 1) right up there with auburn. we are not a national championship contender year in year out (yet) but we are competitive and cyclical on winning west. the best team in any conference would be mediocre at best in sec. you may say well look at a&m well without mack brown foolishly thinking manziel should be a safety and causing him to commit to a&m theyd be right alongside missouri

comparing big 12 championships to sec championships is foolish.

if i were to rank sec schools on average elite-ness itd be

teir 1
    bama
    florida
    lsu
    georgia
    teir 2
    arkansas
    tennessee
    auburn
    south carolina
    a&m
    teir 3
    ole miss
    mississippi state
    missouri
    teir 3b
    vandy
    kentucky

Bielema was whinning when Urban Meyer went after one of his verbal commitments. What's he going to do when Saban and the rest of the SEC coaches do that and more? I'd say he has jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Tom
    Tom Wall

..television revenues and wealthy alumni...says hubby. I am staying out of it!!! LOL
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***(All-Breed AM 2nd)
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

The fact is that Texas A&M was a mediocre team in the Big 12 for the past 5+ years. So bad they fired their coach. So a mediocre Big 12 team came in, should have beat both Florida and LSU, and beat the big boy Alabama.

SEC has great football, no one will argue that.

All I'm saying is Arkansas has been and will continue to be a tough place for a coach to win.

You can attack Texas all you want, but Mack Brown won a National Championship and played for another in the past 10 years.

Repeat. Arkansas has not won a conference championship in 23 years.