The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Badgers losing their coach to Arkansas??? GDG

I do wish all these coaching changes would be announce AFTER the bowl games, its not fair to the kids that played their guts out for the coach to be abandoned before the big dance, its also not fair to the Bowl selection committee that extended the invitation, the Rose Bowl game suddenly became very uninteresting
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barnett View Post
    As an Arkansan I think it's a good hire.
    We'll see how long you think that.

Bielema is a poor game manager.
    Some coaches win the "BIG" game.
    Bielima loses the "little" games and the BIG games.
    (0-3 in the Grandaddy of them all)
    He is not well received by alumni for the losses to nobody teams that cost WI dearly.
    Last edited by road kill; 12-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I do wish all these coaching changes would be announce AFTER the bowl games, its not fair to the kids that played their guts out for the coach to be abandoned before the big dance, its also not fair to the Bowl selection committee that extended the invitation, the Rose Bowl game suddenly became very uninteresting
    Totally agree....
    Redstars Hayseed Bo ..... "Butch"

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    holtz? hatfield? petrino? i think the latter proved you could win at arkansas in modern era. what was texas a&m's record against arkansas in southwest classic before they joined SEC? look at cam newton and auburn thats a&ms future. johnny football is a stud no doubt but after next year hes gone (pro) then what?

if you are naive to believe stars and recruting ranking means anything then shame on you. Utexas has more 5* and 4* than anyone and cant do jack squat. its all about evaluating talent and applying it to your system. petrino never had a top 25 recruiting class but yet won 21 games in 2 years with his recruits because he could coach them up and see hidden talent instead of "stars".

bielema did same thing his recruiting ranking averaged 36th and still went to 3 straight rose bowls with multiple double digit win seasons.
    Johnny Football isn't going pro after next year.

Texas does not have as many 5 & 4 star recruits as anyone.

Bret Bielema has yet to field a team that plays D despite his DC background. This Wisky team could be The Worst Team Ever to go to a Rose Bowl. Let's be honest, it was The Over rated State University & nobody else. You don't win in The SEC with fat ankles.

Default "On Wisconsin"!!!

THE TIME TO "MOVE FORWARD".
    Time to RALLY behind Coach Alvarez, the Coaching Staff and THE TEAM.
    It is what it is. Not the time, place or choice to "sit in the cat bird seat"
    and whine ... BE A BADGER NOT A B------!!

The Nebraska Win was a Coach - Team Effort; Great Innovation; Mind over
    Matter.

Bring on Stanford - "GO BADGERS"!!!

Bill Connor
    Last edited by canuckkiller; 12-05-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junfan68 View Post
    The fact is that Texas A&M was a mediocre team in the Big 12 for the past 5+ years. So bad they fired their coach. So a mediocre Big 12 team came in, should have beat both Florida and LSU, and beat the big boy Alabama.

SEC has great football, no one will argue that.

All I'm saying is Arkansas has been and will continue to be a tough place for a coach to win.

You can attack Texas all you want, but Mack Brown won a National Championship and played for another in the past 10 years.

Repeat. Arkansas has not won a conference championship in 23 years.
    Should have beat the gayturds & LSU? You do realize there is football past the 1st Quarter, right? Sheesh, they did nothing after the 2nd drive of the game against LSU until The Mustang Package & personal fouls gave up a cheap TD @ the end. LSU's D DOMINATED that game. Period. The gayturds' D DOMINATED in The 2nd Half. Period.
    Last edited by Jacob Hawkes; 12-05-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckkiller View Post
    THE TIME TO "MOVE FORWARD".
    Time to RALLY behind Coach Alvarez, the Coaching Staff and THE TEAM.
    It is what it is. Not the time, place or choice to "sit in the cat bird seat"
    and whine ... BE A BADGER NOT A B------!!

The Nebraska Win was a Coach - Team Effort; Great Innovation; Mind over
    Matter.

Bring on Stanford - "GO BADGERS"!!!

Bill Connor
    Uhhhhh, if we can't discuss Bielima leaving WI the day after he did it, when then would be a good time??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Who wants to watch Stanford completely run roughshod on Wisky with or without BB? I'll watch a little, but that's not even a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Who wants to watch Stanford completely run roughshod on Wisky with or without BB? I'll watch a little, but that's not even a game.
    Neither was the Nebraska game...................
    Stan b & Elvis

You are correct. You don't win the SEC with fat ankles. You win it with fat wallets!