The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your top 10 current stud dogs.

There are lots of very nice dogs with very nice pedigrees competing now, but very few with any skins on the wall as producers. Grady was given an opportunity to be bred to lots of different bitches and has produced. Fen Wizzard has produced well in pretty limited breeding. From the younger crowd, I think Slider is promising. He comes from 2 producers and has a 15 month old pup with 6 derby points. Ali has a couple of nice pups competing, one of which is qualified all age I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    There are lots of very nice dogs with very nice pedigrees competing now, but very few with any skins on the wall as producers. Grady was given an opportunity to be bred to lots of different bitches and has produced. Fen Wizzard has produced well in pretty limited breeding. From the younger crowd, I think Slider is promising. He comes from 2 producers and has a 15 month old pup with 6 derby points. Ali has a couple of nice pups competing, one of which is qualified all age I believe.
    That six month old you referenced is mine and will soon be sold to one of Danny Farmer's clients. This dog should be a very, very good AA dog. Danny thinks the world of this dog, as do I.
    I have another Slider pup of sixteen weeks old and looks very promising already.
    There are many good stud dogs out there but I am partial to Slider pups right now.
    I will be getting an Emmitt X Patton's River Duchess pup at the end of March. That bitch currently has the second high point derby dog, Lucky Times, which was sired by Buster. The breeder is giving me the pup free of charge. Long story.

I have a 4 year old dog out of Merlyn that jam'd a couple of opens at 2 1/2, and I recently got an Amateur second with him before he turned 4. Very nice dog, but I'm partial.

Banned

All depends on the bitch and what I'm trying to accomplish with the breeding. I don't use just field champions. I use champions and non tilted dogs from all venues. Why should a girl limit themselves???

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Living really narrows the choices, plus the fact that not all their owners allow natural..but I will take a stab at it

1.AFC Rockcliff's Just Do It (Nike).....I am hoping he is going to be the sire of our future puppy, so its a biased pick....Nike has SIX Amateur wins THIS year with Dr. Foster....Nike is the littermate to FC AFC World Famous Rosa Barks

1A.FC AFC Bayou Teche Eye on the Ball( Slider) - Clubmead's Road Warrior son

2. CNAFC FC Flatlands Sledgehammer(Sledge)- always will like him, has Honest Abe on both sides

3. CNFC CNAFC FC AFC Nightwings Marsh Leader (Guide)-

4. FC AFC Fen Wizzard (Fen)

5. FC AFC Wood River's Franchise (Shaq)

my list might look different if you included ALL sires that were available

I couldn't find anything on: AFC Rockcliff's Just Do It (Nike) Do you have a website or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by junfan68 View Post
    I'll list a few.....in no particular order:

Merlyn
    Slider
    Ali
    Juice
    Tubb
    Emmitt
    Pirate
    Fen
    Bullet

(trying to be original and left Grady & Trav off )
    Can you give their pedigree names please? Thanks

Roux

Just thought throw some Chocolate in mix and work up Jacob

assuming you consider Roux a producer
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

Work me up? How so? He's obviously a nice dog. If you think he's a Top 10 choice, that's fine by me. That said, I really like my list. Have studs for different types of bitches, pedigrees, & etc. Some haven't produced anything yet, but with their talent & pedigree, I'd go to them in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Work me up? How so? He's obviously a nice dog. If you think he's a Top 10 choice, that's fine by me. That said, I really like my list. Have studs for different types of bitches, pedigrees, & etc. Some haven't produced anything yet, but with their talent & pedigree, I'd go to them in a minute.
    Just pushing your yellow button like you jumped on the FC chocolate thread no harm no foul
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

I don't see Rough listed anywhere. Is it just an oversight or is he not considered anymore?