The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: British Labs / No Force????

I didn't get around to this yesterday, except for filming it. Only had 30 min of daylight after work so we got straight out of the truck and ran these two poison birds. She has a controlled break on the first - my fault for not warming her up and giving her a cold right off the bat. This was our first time in the field since duck season started.

If I can be my own critic, I am obviously in a big hurry bc of the light situation. I didn't have a good place to do this on water, so I had to run it down the shore. It is not ideal, and you can tell she really didn't want to be handled back toward the shore.

Anyway, never been FF... Don't use a collar... Both sire and dam are imported from Ireland. I realize this thread went to clicker training, but this is referring back to top of the thread. I'm not trying to convince anyone the pup is amazing and can do absolutely everything, just that at a young age she can do what was questioned earlier in post # 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDyqSKZCbPg
    Last edited by Bartona500; 12-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    -Barton Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'EmUp View Post
    When you win or buy that T-shirt can you please Put it on you Avatar, I've been hypnotized into watching it for too long
    You and me both... I left a page on RTF up one night and I think it over took my screen saver,the image is now burnt into my screen (when I put up a smiley face it means my statement is made to be a funny )
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    You and me both... I left a page on RTF up one night and I think it over took my screen saver,the image is now burnt into my screen (when I put up a smiley face it means my statement is made to be a funny )
    Y'all are just jealous (as Angie B puts it) of the BIG BLUE BANANA HAMMOCK!!

Come on....admit it!

That avatar is a MEMBER of RTF its been here so long!

WRL

Yep, I know this against the women's code to say in mixed company, but it's true I'm a little hormonal this week. And hubby has a cold, which means snoring which means no sleep for me.

Anyway, I posted the Dave Mason song to lighten the mood. Now I see WRL and Hunt em up have done that better than me!

Pom Pom Kum ba yah regards,
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    I for one appreciated your dead horse remark on page one. But you forgot the emoticon:
    Thanks. I looked, but could not find the emoticon. It's one of my favorites! In spite of philosophical disagreements that permeate these threads, the only thing I actively dislike about them is that eventually people get so personal and disrespectful toward our British friends. It's not helpful at all, and usually is not connected to any real issues. Some of the most enjoyable dialogue I've had over the years has been with my British and Australian friends. There are many good things we can all take from good trainers wherever they're from. And I'm confident that the dogs don't really know or care what country they're from. It just always gets this way, sadly.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Thanks. I looked, but could not find the emoticon. It's one of my favorites! In spite of philosophical disagreements that permeate these threads, the only thing I actively dislike about them is that eventually people get so personal and disrespectful toward our British friends. It's not helpful at all, and usually is not connected to any real issues. Some of the most enjoyable dialogue I've had over the years has been with my British and Australian friends. There are many good things we can all take from good trainers wherever they're from. And I'm confident that the dogs don't really know or care what country they're from. It just always gets this way, sadly.

Evan
    Evan you are correct. It is lack of respect for the other person's opinion or way they do things.

Positive training I would do in flash with my 3 yo. But is not the route to go with my pup or my 10 yo, who is much like the pup, noisy fire breathing dragons, no focus, food mongers and on their own planet not going anywhere. but are having fun!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line: You are your dog's advocate so you be the judge of what program will suit them best and you feel comfortable with. Read your dog!And you can learn best by listening as well.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Bartona500 View Post
    I didn't get around to this yesterday, except for filming it. Only had 30 min of daylight after work so we got straight out of the truck and ran these two poison birds. She has a controlled break on the first - my fault for not warming her up and giving her a cold right off the bat. This was our first time in the field since duck season started.

If I can be my own critic, I am obviously in a big hurry bc of the light situation. I didn't have a good place to do this on water, so I had to run it down the shore. It is not ideal, and you can tell she really didn't want to be handled back toward the shore.

Anyway, never been FF... Don't use a collar... Both sire and dam are imported from Ireland. I realize this thread went to clicker training, but this is referring back to top of the thread. I'm not trying to convince anyone the pup is amazing and can do absolutely everything, just that at a young age she can do what was questioned earlier in post # 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDyqSKZCbPg
    I could not open your link.
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    I could not open your link.
    Not sure why? I just clicked it and it worked fine... Sorry it isn't working!
    -Barton Ramsey

It says the video is private?
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Uncle Ray

Bartona,

You need to edit the privacy setting for this video. You currently have it set as Private. That setting requires that you specify up to 50 users that you allow viewing access. Those users must login so that they are recognized as being on your list.

The other two options, either Public or Unlisted, would allow us to view it from the link you posted.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...&answer=157177

Jim
    Last edited by T-Pines; 12-07-2012 at 05:11 PM.