The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FC/AFC Chocolate Labs?????

The source of the chocolate was Dale's Double Hope, a very well bred and great producer who produced another FC/AFC when bred to Percy, Esprit Playin for Keeps, who I think also threw chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    t I do not recall anyone strongly expecting chocolate so when two chocolate males appeared it was somewhat of a surprise. I know this because I knew both dogs and their owners were personal friends.
    I do like history what happened to the other coco? Wasn't Higher Grounds Helen Keller QAA a full litter-mate to Rascal? Blue Thunder did put his mark on FT chocolates
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 12-07-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH-I HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Helen was black and a littermate, the breeding was only done once, the other chocolate was a male Ripin Don Diego Delavega otherwise known as Zorro
    Last edited by EdA; 12-07-2012 at 03:41 PM.

i know helen whelped one titled choc when bred to choc? was she not also bred to a black dog? did any title from other breedings?(my good dog info subsc. must be out)
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i know helen whelped one titled choc when bred to choc? was she not also bred to a black dog? did any title from other breedings?(my good dog info subsc. must be out)
    Helen was bred twice, the chocolate FC was sired by Barracuda Blue (I think he was black), Cuda's Blue Ryder, she was also bred to Blackwater Rudy which did not produce anything notable.

Quote Originally Posted by scott spalding View Post
    Try and name 20 people who are actively campaigning Chocolate labs in field trials? When I say campaigning I mean running at least 15 trials a year. The percentage has to be based on participation and there are only a handful that have devoted this amount of time. On a side note everyone I know that is has a titled chocolate.
    There are so many factors that go into making a competitive dog. Color is the least of my worries. Getting your hands on a good dog that can handle today's field trial work is your first task. Not screwing it up is your second task. If you are a working amateur training your own dog, time is a MAJOR factor. Grounds, water, help, birds, equipment, and the list goes on. Let's don't even talk about money or an understanding spouse.

Scott mentioned another extremely important factor - the number of trials that you run each year. I only wish I could run 15 or more trials per year. Roux averaged 9.7 trials per year from 2006 - 2012 not counting the national am in 2010 and 2012. The attitude that the chocolates can't compete with the others is just plain crap, but that's ok by me! Soooo glad I didn't listen to the nay sayers when we started this ride.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

A good dog is hard to find period that can mark, run blinds, and like water. We have been lucky to title 2 chocolates. FC/AFC JINX and AFC TIDE.I liked the challenge to train a brown dog. I would like to find another but, a good brown is hard to find. Looking for another challenge and good chocolate. Any one can train the black ones.

Banned

Helen was bred twice, the chocolate FC was sired by Barracuda Blue (I think he was black), Cuda's Blue Ryder, she was also bred to Blackwater Rudy which did not produce anything notable.
    FC AFC Barracuda Blue was chocolate. He was a very neat dog.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    FC AFC Barracuda Blue was chocolate. He was a very neat dog.

WRL
    Spent an evening with Cuda when he was at Mary's in 97-98 NEAT was right, almost as neat as his son, poster boy on the left.
    The problem with good chocolate stud dogs is not enough people with a black bitch that is not chcoolate factored will breed to them.
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

The source of the chocolate was Dale's Double Hope, a very well bred and great producer who produced another FC/AFC when bred to Percy, Esprit Playin for Keeps, who I think also threw chocolate.
    Which came from Dudes double or nothin, passed it to Snake eye as well.