The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Waterfowl Hunting Kansas

Default Waterfowl Hunting Kansas

I have been talking with a Waterfowl Outfitter in Kansas. I have been told that a ton of ducks and geese are in Kansas in February. Please PM me and let me know if one can expect tons of ducks and geese in Kansas during February. As cold as it gets in Kansas I would not think so. I would think by February that the waterfowl would had pushed on south. I have been wrong before. Thanks!!!!!

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Feb may be a little late since season ends the last Saturday in January per international treaty. Unless of course you are hunting the conservation season for snow and ross' geese.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

I tried to message you but your inbox is full. Typically you can catch birds on their way back North in February in Kansas. I know an outfitter that can set you up if you like.

Our Canada Goose season goes until Feb 10th. You can also hunt White fronts from Feb 2-10. We have been unseasonably mild and still in a drought. But alot of my clients and their dogs are getting plenty of geese. Duck hunting has been mostly Gadwall, Wigeon, teal and some mallards. Normally our best green head hunting is in January. The duck season closes the 27th I believe.

LT

Check out Prairie Thunder Outfitters. They kill a TON of geese and a good many ducks as well. Affordable, very nice guys.
    -Barton Ramsey

If you're looking for an outfitter in Kansas I'll give a positive reference for Jim Stanford who runs Central Kansas Outfitters. I've personally hunted with him before he started his outfitting business and he's a great guy. You can look them up on Facebook as they're updating their page with new pictures daily. Not sure his availability this late in the game but if I was going to hunt Kansas, it'd be with him.