RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Lost Lab Help!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  23721 
#1 ·
A Black Lab (not sure of sex) showed up at the little country store by my house. (In Ville Platte LA in case someone on here is from the area and has a dog that is missing) The store owner is caring for the dog for now but i'm not sure how long he will be able to do so. Does anyone know of a Lab rescue or some other organization that might be able to help by taking the dog in? Thanks in advance!! Breaks my heart to see any stray / lost dog!!!

G
#2 · (Edited)
Look at www.craigslist.com under the city or nearest to where he was found. Check under Lost/found as well as pets. A vet or humane society can scan her/him for a microchip and of course contact the humane society/animal control in that area. Posting flyers work well , and posting a classified ad in the local paper ad.
Good luck, I hope the owner turns up.

#4 ·
Absolutely don't let it end up in a shelter.
...nice idea except that if there is a local shelter and the owner is looking for their dog - the first place they should look is the shelter. So at the very least the shelter should be notified. Shelters vary a great deal - some are excellent and some are still quite awful. Notify local sheriff or police too. And yes, would be good to get dog scanned for a chip. Most newspapers will take 'found' notices for free. Thanks for helping!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.