The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Congrats to Pals and Archie on their win!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Wow, won a blue in the ring? Huge leap from his puppy debut for sure. Big congrats indeed, so what does he need to finish that CH?
    Well "It Depends" (LVL)....in the show ring, you have to have majors and every major can have a different point total. So there is no "set" number of "wins"......its a point system but unlike FTs, every win could have a different point value.

If you 'd like to know more, you can go to the AKC website for the requirements for earning the CH title.

Just helping out,

WRL

Banned

Sorry for the confusion, read the OP which says won and brought home the blue, skipped to the end to add my congrats. Didn't realize it was another one of those threads. ......
    Not sure what this means.....it does have "Archie" in the title and EVERYONE knows that Archie is her Jumping Jack. I think the title is pretty clear what "kind" of a thread it is.....

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Well "It Depends" (LVL)....in the show ring, you have to have majors and every major can have a different point total. So there is no "set" number of "wins"......its a point system but unlike FTs, every win could have a different point value.

If you 'd like to know more, you can go to the AKC website for the requirements for earning the CH title.

Just helping out,

WRL
    Yes, I'm aware of the differences in the point system, that's why I asked what else Nancy needed for the CH for Archie, because I have no idea what they earned with this win or what it counts towards. I know she's worked quite a bit to learn to show him, was waiting for him to mature and his chest to drop last I heard. So a win is a big deal for her and I said so, was simply curious what it meant towards their goal. Bench titles are not easy for someone not involved to figure, given the variables.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Banned

Yes, I'm aware of the differences in the point system, that's why I asked what else Nancy needed for the CH for Archie, because I have no idea what they earned with this win or what it counts towards. I know she's worked quite a bit to learn to show him, was waiting for him to mature and his chest to drop last I heard. So a win is a big deal for her and I said so, was simply curious what it meant towards their goal. Bench titles are not easy for someone not involved to figure, given the variables.
    that's correct. they are harder to figure out.

AND I have seen dogs go from the puppy class to win.....I've known a few dogs that titled while still showing in the puppy class.

WRL