The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: United States of Subsidies

Default United States of Subsidies

Great 3 part series of articles at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/us...porations.html

The facts are clear. Never in history have state and local governments given more welfare to corporations ($80+ billion a year). Tax rates for corporations and individuals are at record lows for the past 50 years and corporate profits are at record highs and wages are at record lows. (http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/03/news...its/index.html)

Could one of you supply-siders help me understand how this is good for sustaining our economy and local tax bases? Also, could you tell me when the trickle will begin to flow down instead of up and exactly how much more money these "job creators" need before they will begin to create jobs.

The silence is deafening......................

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    The silence is deafening......................
    Did you read the article?
    What more can be said, GM (UAW) is on corporate welfare.
    Not good.............I agree with the article.

BTW---did any "green" companies get big subsidies???

Fiskars, Solyndra???
    (more $$$ than the oil industry????)

I know, that's different.
    Last edited by road kill; 12-06-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Very simple
    Who or what has their fingers in big corporations? What on earth were all these big buy outs and corporate take overs about?
    Who are we actually beholding to?
    What are the strategies to gain even more control?
    Why is standard Oil so heavily subsidized. Why do they squeeze the puss out of us peons.?
    Pretty simple really.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Great 3 part series of articles at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/us...porations.html

The facts are clear. Never in history have state and local governments given more welfare to corporations ($80+ billion a year). Tax rates for corporations and individuals are at record lows for the past 50 years and corporate profits are at record highs and wages are at record lows. (http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/03/news...its/index.html)

Could one of you supply-siders help me understand how this is good for sustaining our economy and local tax bases? Also, could you tell me when the trickle will begin to flow down instead of up and exactly how much more money these "job creators" need before they will begin to create jobs.
    FYI - If the State of WA were to do away with incentives the Sales Tax could be halved. What I have seen is some cities are doing "clawbacks" when promised benefits are not attained. Don't know how that works as the courts will be the final arbiter. I listen to a lot of folks who have never signed the front of a paycheck discuss how to stimulate business & it is a little hilarious. TBS - I oppose anything that allows the government to choose the winners & losers, this would include subsidies. IYO - What label should I wear?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!