The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Enginneers vs. Redneck

Default Enginneers vs. Redneck

Just stuck me as funny, a number of years ago a group of UBC engineering students planned for months to hang a shell of a vw off the Lions Gate bridge and get away with it, they failed miserably.

One redneck, about 2 hours coming off a 3 day bender.

Most if not all the engineers that I know from Texas A&M are REDNECKS.....come to think of it I may be one too, so are many of my pals like Duk4me,MK...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Just stuck me as funny, a number of years ago a group of UBC engineering students planned for months to hang a shell of a vw off the Lions Gate bridge and get away with it, they failed miserably.

One redneck, about 2 hours coming off a 3 day bender.

If you watch the Big Bang Theory you'd get a rough idea of how engineers operate. What the average person views as wierd we view as Cutting Edge . I was accused of trying to blow the old smelter stack behind SDSM&T's Admin bldg over. As I told them rest assured that if I would have tried it would not be standing - it's about attainable goals . The red x won't give a picture.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Well if you really break it down to its core, there is not much difference in a Redneck and an Engineer. Most engineers have the job to fix, or design things. Engineers do so with sophisticated computer modeling, raw materials, and forever evolving new technology. Rednecks do the same task with a case of beer, junk around the house, "or fellow Rednecks house" and a roll of Duct Tape. The Redneck project may be lacking on the cosmetic side, but it will get the job done.

Many people think Rednecks are just a bunch of idiots, but always remember "Never underestimate the power of idiots in large groups".......

duct tape 007.jpg

You mean like this? And I didn't even have the benefit of any fellow rednecks or a case of beer. But it kept the pigeons from getting out until my spouse and his tool box got home.
    No one can have the part of me I give to my dogs.
    Guy de la Valdene
    For a Handful of Feathers

I cannot see the second picture for the comparison but I know what you are talking about. i work with engineers everyday and I always say there is a difference between a school only trained engineer who can use models to design and the engineers who can also build and work on what they designed. Needless to say one of those 2 always has a better product.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Personally have always thought I might have gone into engineering had I had more math confidence. Also firmly believe that the engineers that design automobiles should have to spend at least a year in a simple garage replacing stuff (air filters, belts, sparkplugs, oil filters, fuel filters, etc.) Can't believe what it takes to do some routine maintenance!! Have a ford minivan that the windshield wiper reservoir has a crack so it won't hold water and I absolutely can't figure out any reasonable way to get to it to replace it!! Fuel filter on my pickup is nearly impossible to get out. Move it forward 12" and no problem. Just dumb stuff.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

First off i would like to say i can talk about Engineers because i am one, and i can talk about Rednecks cause I R one of them too.

With that out of the way, sometimes engineers get so wraped up in the design process they forget the "K.I.S.S. method"

Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.