RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Entry Express Breed Categories

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Eric Johnson 
#1 ·
What is the best way to pursue changing the breed categories used by Entry Express? I have been contacting people for the last two years and not getting anywhere. I thought I was getting somewhere this summer, but not now. Any certain person or department that would be the best? I've tried through the editors at Retriever News and at least got responses, but haven't gotten many responses from the contacts listed on Entry Express. We have Curlies and under the breed summaries, we get lumped with Flat-Coats at field trials and "others" in hunt tests. We used Entry Express for our breed national field events in September....all curlies.....all listed as a bunch of fcrs in the breed tallies.
Anyone have any advice? (other than get a lab....I have already heard that once or twice or a zillion times as you can imagine :) )
Thank you,
Sarah

#2 ·
It should be an extremely easy fix, but what do I know? Not to mention all the other little things...

Software nerd regards...

#4 ·
You could get a Golden... Sorry, couldn't resist.

John
I asked for that one :)
And yes, the software nerd responses I always get are it should be an easy fix that is why I think I just need to talk to different people or pursue it a different way....
When we enter ft and ht, we are listed correctly there, so it has the capability to do it.....

#5 ·
It can be done, it isn't rocket science...I've offered to help fix the code but have been ignored...oh well.

#7 ·
Well, here's a thought. The CCCRCA can go back to doing their own catalog. Doing so will save money for our participants at the WC tests. More work for the hunt tests but might be worth the hassle to make a point. I was the first to use EE for the CCRCA and tried to get our Curlies a listing as CCRs but the people there just would not make the effort.

#11 ·
I don't have any suggestions for who to contact, but am also in support of having the listings correct. I am a proud owner of an "other".....it's funny to talk to other, owners of "others" about our "others". But I just wish it was listed correctly. And being listed as a completely different breed isn't right. I would think it would be an easy fix. And with all the new breeds being allowed to run in Retriever Hunt tests I feel its the right time to change and update the list. Thats one of the first places I look in catalog, I check to see the oldest and youngest and a breakdown in breeds.

Hope it gets fixed. :)

#12 ·
From the drop down box in the my dogs section, it looks like breeds are an option? So are the different breeds listed as other when the catalouge's are printed? If that is the case it may just be due to the summary stats they place in the front of the catelouge. I can't even imagine the list will all the options for choosing a breed.

#15 ·
Tollers are lumped in with "Others" as well although "Poodles" are identified. I got tired of it and tried to talk to the EE folks. I was told that it was a very complicated programming change. I said I could fix it in probably 5 lines of code or less and she hung up on me. A couple months later, same thing. I called them and again was told that it was too complicated. I asked how they got Poodles separated out if it is so hard. Dead silence....then the hang up. I guess that's an improvement. I even emailed Shane about the issue. He never responded.

Candidly, I thing the EE folks just don't care. You have to use their product and they don't have to care about how dog owners feel about it.

#16 ·
Eric...I agree with you, it's a simple fix...but got to have a developer who gives a crap...it's a freaking combo box...not rocket science!

#18 ·
My guess is that they think no one else knows anything about computers. I think that they don't know anything about computers.

The data is already collected during the entry process. When you add/edit a dog, there's a drop down wich you can use to select everything but a New Guinea Singing Dog. Then the breed shows up on the screen displays. However, then they don't use the collected data during the production of the catalog. Both strange and dumb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.