The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumper Boy Service

Banned

Default Bumper Boy Service

I have a few problems with the servo's on 2 of the four shooter's I use to train with. I called Aaron and Tom and described the problem. Tom said the servo's probably wore out. He said he would send me out 2 new servo's and when I get them send the old ones back.

I am very pleased with the service I get from working with both Aaron and Tom and Bumper Boy. I would very highly recommend their product.

I am not aaron or tom but I do field rep their products all I can say is: they will do their best to keep you happy.

Well glad you had good service from them. When I bought my two BBs a few years back I got GREAT service, but now I'm begining to wonder. I've been trying to get upgrades for mine for a while, too much leg work required, too many phone calls, emails, voice mail, etc required just to get upgrades. I talked to BB two weeks ago to confirm they recieved my older launchers and they had, but still no replacements, was told 4-5 days, no charge on my credit card and no phone calls from them saying they are on back order or any reasonable excuse....

Very, Very Frustrated!!

FOM

BUMPER BOY SERVICE SUCKS!

I ordered 2 new 4-shooters two weeks ago. The order arrived last week....missing both advanced sound speakers, the pro controller AND the charger. I called Aaron and explained the deal. He assured me that the speakers were shipped out on Monday. And that he would "next day air" the control and charger. (This was Wednesday.)

Friday rolls around--and still no speakers, controller or charger! I call Aaron again. He puts me on 'hold' for a while then provides 2 different tracking numbers. Says 2 different carriers are hauling the stuff. (What?!) So I run the tracking numbers. Guess what? The speakers didn't ship out until Thursday (and they went out "regular ground") and the controller and charger didn't ship out until Friday! (But it did go out "next day" and did arrive today). HOWEVER, Aaron assured me that I would have all of this stuff by Friday. NOT!!! I'm still waiting on the speakers--which are not scheduled to be delivered until WEDNESDAY!!!

What a circus! I like the product, but their customer service is the pits!

roxie,

I love the BBs, they are an awesome training asset especially for the working stiff who doesn't have helpers all the time. I got great service 3 years ago, but now....I'm begining to consider going with the Maxxs and or wingers with electronics and telling BB to kiss off.

Come on its freaking training season, at least let me know what the hold up is!

FOM

Without a doubt....Etch-Marc's (the mfg. of the Max) customer service is far superior! Ted and company at Etch-Marc are top shelf. Prompt, responsive and reliable.

If only BB would take some customer service lessons from Max.

Default Good so far but we will see with the latest

I have no complaints with Aaron or BB todate. They replaced 4 bumpers which were not holding up after a year. Took a month but I was in no hurry and told them so.

I recently purchased a used 4 shooter that would not program with my original unit Pro transmitter. Called Aaron the next day and he confirmed the programming was not compatible. I sent off the latest receiver for programming yesterday. I have every expectation that they will uphold their committment to upgrade and return promptly. Training season is here and me 2 dogs need the units.

They have been good to work with over the past year so qualms from me.

I do have a buddy who bought a unit in Feb and still is waiting on the speaker and one who purchased a new 4 shooter bag (part of an entire pkg) in December and is still waiting for the bag.

Aaron, I know you read hear, thanks for the service and hope you get things straightened out with the other posters quickly. Service is what brought me back to your product.

Steve
    Quote to wife after dating several years....."The dogs were here when you got here and they will be here when you are long gone"

Just got off the phone with Aaron, he said I should have a shipping status by noon tomorrow. I really do like BBs and I this will be my third generation one....I'll post the results on the renewed attmept at customer service. He seemed truly concerned on the phone....

FOM

Product will be excellent for my needs when I have some sound to go with it. I ordered 2 derby doubles in Feb. and have not received either of the advanced sound speakers to date. Aaron said they were on back order. I called them last week on Tuesday and he said the speakers had come in and I should receive them this week.
    Take a Kid Hunting and create a memory that will last a lifetime!

Aaron speaks the truth..........the speakers that were on 'backorder' have arrived; however, if they get shipped out to you when promised might be another story.

I received my backordered speakers today.....almost a week later than told. Oh well, at least they arrived and now I can get back to training.