The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan........

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hey, you are ass-u-me-ing again!!

I get paid when I make something happen!!!
    I'm as independent as it gets...........

"Nothing happens until the sale is made!!!"
    I'm not ass.us.ming..LOL... nothing but that someone that opposes paying union dues wants the benefit of the union's efforts without the cost.

I have never asked you about your work, but what it sounds like is that you get paid when you sell something. Food for thought...if folks are making a better wage they can buy more and you sell more thus you make more. If that is the case...unions are your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Franco, would you please explain what you think the Right-to-Work law entails?

Thank you.

JS
    Briefly since I have to make an appointment out of the building.

RTW means that workers within that state are free from the talons of the various unions.

I'll have to engage this conversation later today, sorry.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    So that folks like you that don't want to pay dues and have leverage against your employer...will earn a livable wage.

All the oil refineries and chemical plants here are union and TX is a RTW state...go figure....must be they like have an employee agency with the union. I'm sure EXXON could bust them if they wanted to
    Or no wage at all. Just ask the union members of Twinkies. because of the Baker's union have effectively cost the other union members THEIR JOBS!!Obviously the management and stockholders decided to liquidate their assets and lay off all the workers. They evidently believed that the return on their investment was not worth the risk, so they just quit.

Somebody will probaly buy the assets, hire new workers along with some of the former workers and start over. Many probably won't be rehired.
    Unions always claim that they raise wages. Let me pose to cases and ask for a response from union advocaates. Say management calls in an employee and tells him(her) that they have been an exceptionally good employee and they intend to pay him $2.00/hour MORE that the union contract. You think the union would praise the company for rewarding one of it's members who was an exceptional employee? take another example. A member tells the company that he is an exceptionally good employee and demands $2.00/ hour more than the union contract. The company agrees that his work justifies the wage increase and WANTS to meet his demands. What do you think the union's response would be. Just asking

... like WASHINGTON ... JS
    To add to that we also have one of the top five spending governors .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'm not ass.us.ming..LOL... nothing but that someone that opposes paying union dues wants the benefit of the union's efforts without the cost.

I have never asked you about your work, but what it sounds like is that you get paid when you sell something. Food for thought...if folks are making a better wage they can buy more and you sell more thus you make more. If that is the case...unions are your friend.
    In theory, perhaps.
    In reality, not so much.

Our shop is non-union, the employees are compensated above the industry average.
    Their collective expertise and performance is generally exceptional.
    If someone needs to go, we move them, not beholding to DA UNION makes that easier!

They seem to like what I do....................
    Last edited by road kill; 12-07-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Now that is a liberal conspiracy theory if I ever heard one! There is a catch here somewhere ... something you're not telling me! Nothing is that simple.

Paying good wages to lazy, low-productive union slackers is good???? Nonsense!

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Or no wage at all. Just ask the union members of Twinkies. because of the Baker's union have effectively cost the other union members THEIR JOBS!!Obviously the management and stockholders decided to liquidate their assets and lay off all the workers. They evidently believed that the return on their investment was not worth the risk, so they just quit.

Somebody will probaly buy the assets, hire new workers along with some of the former workers and start over. Many probably won't be rehired.
    Unions always claim that they raise wages. Let me pose to cases and ask for a response from union advocaates. Say management calls in an employee and tells him(her) that they have been an exceptionally good employee and they intend to pay him $2.00/hour MORE that the union contract. You think the union would praise the company for rewarding one of it's members who was an exceptional employee? take another example. A member tells the company that he is an exceptionally good employee and demands $2.00/ hour more than the union contract. The company agrees that his work justifies the wage increase and WANTS to meet his demands. What do you think the union's response would be. Just asking
    Do you understand how a pay schedule works?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Briefly since I have to make an appointment out of the building.

RTW means that workers within that state are free from the talons of the various unions.

I'll have to engage this conversation later today, sorry.
    Franco, please google it before you come back and provide a little more detail.

Thanks.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

... at the bridge

Now that is a liberal conspiracy theory if I ever heard one! There is a catch here somewhere ... something you're not telling me! Nothing is that simple.

Paying good wages to lazy, low-productive union slackers is good???? Nonsense!

JS
    Typical incfremental secular progressive play.
    Your point is weak so exagerate grossly to give it validity...................
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Typical incfremental secular progressive play.
    Your point is weak so exagerate grossly to give it validity...................
    Not my words. Here's a one-liner from post #20:

Unions impede productivity.
    There is an abundance of evidence to the contrary, but unfortunately most here are more interested in "winning the argument" than in the facts.

JS

... at the bridge