The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 187

Thread: Michigan........

  1. #121
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    11,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Am worried about stealing thread but I do enjoy hearing some of your experiences and plans for your dogs. Maybe not for this forum or even for the retriever forum. I h talked with Franco, RK and Buzz and Hunt about their dogs and plans via PM's but that is really cumbersome. I would like to know what all of you are doing with your dogs and plans. It also gives me the opportunity to plan training and test trips and look you up.

    Any suggestions, I am game
    It has been exceptionally warm so far this season. I am still wearing either short sleeved shirts or light weight long sleeves. The second split of the duck season opens Saturday and the biggest problem is the mosquitos. I just bought more pads for the Thermacell and bug spray. A good freeze would take care of everything but nothing in the near future according to the Weather Channel. Last Winter was one of the warmest on record.

    I have access some some good training grounds just north of Lafayette in Arnaudville and Carencro. And, I can assure you the food is much better around here than redneck Alexandria, La.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  2. #122
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Let's see if I got this;

    If a guy doesn't pay to belong to the union, but gets the benefits, he is a "scab" or a "leech."
    But if a guy doesn't pay taxes, but gets the benefits, he is a ????????????
    Pretty much the same generally speaking. There are extenuating circumstances.

    At least we know for sure the guy getting the union benefits DOES have the ability to pay. In the case of the other guy who's getting the government benefits, he may or may not have the ability to pay. If he doesn't, the question then becomes, "why not?". If it's just because he's lazy, then he's definitely a leech. But there are a lot of other reasons someone may not have the ability to pay and I believe the "lazy" label is improperly applied in many, many cases without knowing the facts.

    That clown on your Judge Judy clip is NOT your typical welfare recipient any more so than Bernie Madoff is your typical businessman.

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  3. #123
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    RK, I'm thinking bum would be a good name for tax dodgers but then again according to murral all of us non-union employees that work in fields where others elect to be in a union are leeches. Another fitting name for non-taxpayers according to recent history would be to refer to them as democrats i.e., Geithner, Daschle, Rangel and the list goes on. Just saying.
    coachmo, just to clarify ... it's not whether you work in a certain field ... it's whether you work in the bargaining unit covered by the union contract. If you're not sure what a bargaining unit is, look it up.

    Can't do ALL your work for you regards,

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  4. #124
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Pretty much the same generally speaking. There are extenuating circumstances.

    At least we know for sure the guy getting the union benefits DOES have the ability to pay. In the case of the other guy who's getting the government benefits, he may or may not have the ability to pay. If he doesn't, the question then becomes, "why not?". If it's just because he's lazy, then he's definitely a leech. But there are a lot of other reasons someone may not have the ability to pay and I believe the "lazy" label is improperly applied in many, many cases without knowing the facts.

    That clown on your Judge Judy clip is NOT your typical welfare recipient any more so than Bernie Madoff is your typical businessman.

    JS
    Enlighten us, describe "your typical welfare recipient."
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #125
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Enlighten us, describe "your typical welfare recipient."
    A mother whose husband has abandoned her and has no way to care for her children while working.

    A family with inadequate health insurance who has incurred extreme medical expenses and consequently spent themselves into bankruptcy.

    A family who has lost their job with no possibility of finding new work in their area. (and does not have the resources to relocate)

    That same family who has found new work but at an earnings level too low to make ends meet.

    A veteran, returned from a war with an emotional condition that prevents him from getting or holding a job.

    An elderly couple whose prior employer has reneged on their pension and their Social Security has dwindled to the point it no longer meets their needs.

    A guy who retired with a good financial plan but decided to take up field trialing as a hobby. (just checking to see if you're reading)

    A single mother attending school in hopes of bettering herself and becoming self sufficient.

    And I haven’t even mentioned “corporate welfare”. Let’s not get started on that.

    None of these are “typical”. There is no typical. Hard times is an equal opportunity situation.

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Apparently you cannot keep from returning to your roots. You come here and apologize on several occasions for being a jerk only to do it again. Just like a breaking dog. You just can't help it.

    I said "SIT" regards,
    I returned fire. He smarted off first. turn about is fair play.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Murral, first off I have no idea what you meant by c-squad in your previous post. I am still amazed by simpletons like yourself that prescribe to the liberal ideology proclaiming to be open-minded, open-armed and tolerant to the views of others; however, you vehemently attack people that disagree with your views while accusing them of the same. Your rhetoric is predictable and often amusing but shows your true color. Your kind is nothing more than closed-minded, hatemongers wrapped in a cloak of "change". Your posts are feeble attempts to show you're "really, really smart" but I'm thinking it's really just your way of hiding some other glaring deficiency.
    You go by the name "Coachmo" that leads me to believe you are some type of coach. C-squad is 3rd string just for clarification. I was merely trying to explain how welfare recipients that som many here call leeches, are no different than people that are working in a shop that is represented by a union. the dues paying members have chosen to have the union negotiate for them. the people that choose not to be part of the union nor pay dues, reap the same wages and benefits as the dues paying members. They are leeches just like the welfare recipients.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    A mother whose husband has abandoned her and has no way to care for her children while working.

    A family with inadequate health insurance who has incurred extreme medical expenses and consequently spent themselves into bankruptcy.

    A family who has lost their job with no possibility of finding new work in their area. (and does not have the resources to relocate)

    That same family who has found new work but at an earnings level too low to make ends meet.

    A veteran, returned from a war with an emotional condition that prevents him from getting or holding a job.

    An elderly couple whose prior employer has reneged on their pension and their Social Security has dwindled to the point it no longer meets their needs.

    A guy who retired with a good financial plan but decided to take up field trialing as a hobby. (just checking to see if you're reading)

    A single mother attending school in hopes of bettering herself and becoming self sufficient.

    And I haven’t even mentioned “corporate welfare”. Let’s not get started on that.

    None of these are “typical”. There is no typical. Hard times is an equal opportunity situation.

    JS
    Just got back from buying propane for the camper and dogs. Spent more on the dogs than me. Didn't really have a formal finantial plan but knew that I had to save like crazy since there would be no pension(always wondered if pensions were taxable and really don't know). I knew that my income would go down by the amount that I made working less SS and I'm sure I spend more on the dogs than that check. Still pay tax on my retirement income just like I paid tax on my practice income. When I bought a truck, topper, camper,4-wheeler and all the other equipment to train them and my friends questioned the cost, I used to reply that my son bought them for me. That would just be less that he would inherit. Now I just tell them that it is less that the Gov. will inherit in death taxes.

  9. #129
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    933

    Default

    JS, just for the record I don't need you to do any work for me but you may want to help some of your union brothers. They are probably overworked, underpaid and definitely under appreciated. I mean how can anyone live on paltry union wages in most cases. Additionally, please don't offer any help with English language vocabulary or word meanings either. Murral, keep it coming it doesn't bother me.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    JS, just for the record I don't need you to do any work for me but you may want to help some of your union brothers. They are probably overworked, underpaid and definitely under appreciated. I mean how can anyone live on paltry union wages in most cases. Additionally, please don't offer any help with English language vocabulary or word meanings either. Murral, keep it coming it doesn't bother me.
    Do you receive "union scale" where you work and choose not to pay dues? Maybe you should go in and tell the boss that you don't want the union wages and beneifts because you don't pay union dues. You don't want to be part of the union so you should get paid different than the dues paying members do. Let us know how that works out for ya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •