The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunder 200

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    I tried to video it, but the video is blocking out the sound as background noise

You will not be sorry. Glad you ordered some.

If you ever make it to Richmond and want to train, let me know
    I might take you up on that, I'm training with another member of this site today

If I had only one or two dogs I would rather go with a winger that can throw birds. To me having two shots is not worth the money just to save me a little walk to reload. I'm training 4 to 8 dogs most of the time. I have a 5 shooter and a 10 shooter and like them both in certain cases but still use my wingers with birds most of the time.

Steve: I've been meaning to ask you...where did you get the ribbons/flags for your thunder bumpers? Did you cut them from fabric? Or do they sell the stuff on rolls somewhere?

To the OP et al.: I got the Thunder for training situations in which I anticipate needing to repeat marks for a single dog, like water decheating. Now that I have it, I like how fast I can set it up and how easy it carry compared to wingers. So if I am going to train at the park for me it is a heck of a lot easier, since I don't dare launch ducks there.
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Steve: I've been meaning to ask you...where did you get the ribbons/flags for your thunder bumpers? Did you cut them from fabric? Or do they sell the stuff on rolls somewhere?

To the OP et al.: I got the Thunder for training situations in which I anticipate needing to repeat marks for a single dog, like water decheating. Now that I have it, I like how fast I can set it up and how easy it carry compared to wingers. So if I am going to train at the park for me it is a heck of a lot easier, since I don't dare launch ducks there.

Dont remember for sure, I think either Gun Dog Supply or Dogs Afield. They were something like $1.20 apiece.
    Interesting how you find the Thunder easier to carry than a winger. I feel just the opposite especially when setting up multiple gun stations. With my wingers I can carry fairly easy everything I need for 2 gun stations. Very awkward with the Thunders

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    Dont remember for sure, I think either Gun Dog Supply or Dogs Afield. They were something like $1.20 apiece.
    Interesting how you find the Thunder easier to carry than a winger. I feel just the opposite especially when setting up multiple gun stations. With my wingers I can carry fairly easy everything I need for 2 gun stations. Very awkward with the Thunders
    The Thunder 500 is wearing the flags in the demo on the Thunder Equipment website, but I don't find them for sale there, at GDS, or DA. I tried some elasticy ones that I got from GDS but they are too big. Of course I only think to shop for them on days when Thunder is not open...

For some reason I find setting up the wingers tedious, and I am better at predicting where the bumper will land with the Thunder than with the Wingers so the planning is easier for me.
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    I just found these but how would you attach to thunder bumper:

http://www.lcsupply.com/Flagman-Stre...oductinfo/FMS/

And these:

http://www.lcsupply.com/Extra-Stream...ductinfo/RPES/
    Renee P

And these:

The ones in the first link look better to me. You want the metal gromot (SP?) in the end and you attach them with zip ties.

And these:

I like the Avery sight and smell streamers. They are PVC and the white stays white longer than the nylon Flagman streamers. I agree to attach themwith zip ties.
    Chris Pennington