The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: North Dakota Hunting Guides

Default North Dakota Hunting Guides

Looking for a good outfitter for a duck/goose hunting trip next fall in North Dakota. Does anyone have any experience with any of the outfitters or have any recommendations. Plan on taking my boys before they start college.

Robert Schlagel, Midwest Migrations 701-740-2996

Very Good guide, very nice "lodge" and some EXCELLENT dogs !
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

If you have the equipment and a means to haul your belongings may I suggest a free lance trip. PM me if interested. Many residents don't care for the guides as they seem to lease up thousands and thousands of acres. I know of two guides that lease up 20,000 and 30,000 acres respectively.
    In ND if its not posted you can hunt it.
    Good luck either way.

Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to pm. Send me one and we will talk. I do have decoys,layout blinds, robos, and a good dog. I did a little hunting when I went to school in ND, but not enough to learn the ins and outs of hunting up there. I am interested though

Thanks ill check him out on the web. Please keep suggestions coming. I'm planning for next yr.

Don't support guides or outfitters. Especially in a such a freelance state as North Dakota. People are friendly and the trespassing laws make freelancing very easy. Just review some maps and find the water areas and do some scouting and you'll find birds. Guides and outfitters are ruining the hunting tradition by locking up land and making hunting only possibly by people with deep pockets.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

I live in Ky not ND. I did go to school at UND and did a little hunting while I was in school, but not enough to feel comfortable taking a week off work, driving 19 hrs, and trying it on my own. I would enjoy getting to know some of the residents and landowners and learning the area to do some freelance hunting. If I knew someone locally that could help facilitate that it would be great. Maybe do some hunting together. We are considering a move to ND in a few yrs. I really enjoyed being there when I was in school.