RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Alabama Fans GDG

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Eric Johnson 
#1 · (Edited)
Had to post this here as most of you don't read & POTUS might be a little deep for you :p.

The New Yorker - 12-10-12 - has an article on Paul Finebaum called "King of the South" - that's got to be as funny a read as one could find - from the article:

"Smokey, are you telling me that you're listening to the show while you're having a heart attack"
"Yes, I am. That's stupid I know........... They told me I got to hang up the phone, Paul"
"Before you hang up..... You're in the ER, getting an EKG, but you're calling us?"
"Because I love you, Paul"
"& you"re pretty sure you've had a heart attack?"
"I've already had 5 bypasses & 2 stents , I know i've had a heart attack"
"But you wanted to call us while this is going on"
"It's kind of a death wish."

You folks are nuts, which is :cool: :).

Maybe someone can post the link -

See less See more
#2 ·
marvin,
started in birmingham over 20 years ago, then sysndicated statewide and now on syrius nationally. i am daily listener when in the truck but have never called in. if you enjoy college football it can be ridiculously funny and can also be informative. regular guests are pretty inflamatory. herbstreet, brando, danielson, the respected Gene Stallings, the intoxicated Pat Dye et al. we were nervous when the show went national but the new callers from ohio, texas, michigan, california, iowa and the new idiot, "darrell from georgia" have proven college football enthusiasm and ignorance are not unique to alabama.

#3 ·
marvin,
started in birmingham over 20 years ago, then sysndicated statewide and now on syrius nationally. i am daily listener when in the truck but have never called in. if you enjoy college football it can be ridiculously funny and can also be informative. regular guests are pretty inflamatory. herbstreet, brando, danielson, the respected Gene Stallings, the intoxicated Pat Dye et al. we were nervous when the show went national but the new callers from ohio, texas, michigan, california, iowa and the new idiot, "darrell from georgia" have proven college football enthusiasm and ignorance are not unique to alabama.
John - the article is really good - I drive down the road listening to nothing as most of what is there is not worth listening to - but I'm going to have to see if I can find this guy, this would make for real entertainment - some of his callers sound like real strange folks :). Sort of a ******* MASH!!!!!

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.