The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (gdg)Anyone use a Bad Boy Buggie for training/hunting?

Default (gdg)Anyone use a Bad Boy Buggie for training/hunting?

I've become a bit intrigued by these buggies. Side by side, quiet, 4x4, AND no nasty exhaust!!! They look like they could be very affective as an all-around UTV. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

A buddy of mine bought one used. Very impressive great distance and speed. Hauled four adults on the cart and two more plus three children on the trailer behind it. Haven't got it stuck yet.
    Black as mollases, call name Strap

Sire: Fc Afc Land ahoy "PIRATE"

Dam: Ten bears little bit "BUTTON"

bought a retired golf course buggy, (2 wd) replaced wiring, lifted it, added some off road tires, a little camo clad, and viola ! I LOVE mine. Use it every day in training. I also use it to get my eighty y/o dad back and forth to the deer woods. Not very fast but lots of torque. We sold our quad and are shopping for the second cart. There are some good sites for accessories as well. If you are at all handy with a wrench they aren't much trouble to convert. If you have some serious mud I would definetly opt for the 4 wd though.
    Pickin' Up, What You're Layin' Down !

My brother in law has one for bow hunting.Very quiet and it's set up nice.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

Decided to do a second test drive on a Polaris Ranger EV electric UTV. I really liked it on the first test. Much more powerful and quiet than I thought it would be. I like it's set up, and just quite a bit more familiar with the Ranger than the BadBoyBuggie.
    Last edited by David Maddox; 12-08-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

I've heard if something brakes not a lot of people know how to work on them. Maybe it's easier than it was now.

IMO the bad boy buggies are over priced and light duty. My neighbor got rid of his due to too much stuff breaking or falling apart and got the Ranger.

Drove one in South TX on rough roads and it beat us to death. If you have a bevarage it will be all over you in a second or two. Hated it. Then run out of battery your screwed. Cant just go get a gas can and bring back, instead you have to find a way to get it to a power outlet and its kind hard on a large ranch in the middle of no where. Dont know if they make gas engines or not

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Drove one in South TX on rough roads and it beat us to death. If you have a bevarage it will be all over you in a second or two. Hated it. Then run out of battery your screwed. Cant just go get a gas can and bring back, instead you have to find a way to get it to a power outlet and its kind hard on a large ranch in the middle of no where. Dont know if they make gas engines or not
    They now make a hybrid...
    Bill Davis

A hybrd may be nice if they have improved the susspention and stearing gear. The one I drove was probably old. We also had a Rhino or mule ( dont Remember) but it would go over the rockie roads and never feel the rocks.
    We were by the Pecas river where any where you step your on a rock. On the bad boy if you had glass in a cooler it would be broke in a minute or two.
    Then again if we had glass in a cooler in our truck it was broke before we got to cabin.