The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (gdg)Anyone use a Bad Boy Buggie for training/hunting?

Only complaint I have is that them suckers will beat the snot out of you unless you are on smooth ground. Just too rough.

I have had both the BB Buggy, and a rebuilt golf cart with a new chip. Both are more than enough for "most" situations. The exception is extremely rocky ground. My suspension was great in both vehicles, but as stated, in that hard rocky ground such as Ozona or Sonora, it could be rough. But as far as a cup or glass in the cup holder, nothing will work in hard rock including a Chevy. ( You should be holding your cup anyway!) I opted out of the 4WD because of a lack of rain (ie..mud) here in south Texas. The two wheel drive carried 500 lbs of hogs several times with ease, and yes they will run out of juice if you don't pay attention. But the noise factor of a gas motor kills it for me. Never will have another gas because of that one aspect. As far as repairs , never had any serious problem other than matainance with either one.
    A charge would last me for 3 days most of the time. Unless you are going to be carrying a lot more weight or traveling a long distance every day in heavy gumbo, I can't justify a gas motor for training or hunting.

Bad Boy is now owned by EZ-GO which is owned by Textron. They have set up assembly lines and standardized all of the production. The products are much, much improved from the old days of BBB. We've had one of their "base" models as a demo at our place and its a very quality unit. The new 4 X 4 hybrid unit is very, very cool and durable.
    Bob Foster

If I do decide to pull the trigger, I'm leaning towards the Polaris Ranger EV. I'm pretty familiar with the Ranger since I used a friends 500 to train with for a year or so.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

I have one of the Bad Boy LT's. I was riding down a hill not goin very fast and the ty rod broke and threw me into an enbankment. Luckily i fell out before it flipped over and rolled over me. Worst thing ever. Within the first 5 weeks of use youll find all these squeaks and loose parts. If you do get one get the Bad Boy Ambush. Its the gas and electric one.