The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Interrogations ... thought provoking

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Nah, I'd still like an example of what you're talking about.
    Well, really, that's easy: we're the good guys.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Why would it be reprehensible when the enemy does it? In fact we train to be interrogated b/c we know that if captured that's likely to happen. Have you done this?
    If someone dies as a result or in the process, oh well, Wars Hell! and I'd salute that person b/c he/she obviously held out and died with honor not giving up. Assuming of course the interrogators were not amateurs and there was no foul play. Either way dying as a POW is 2nd only to being rescued. Living is the ultimate pain.
    Where did you get this training?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Where did you get this training?
    Parris Island & Camp Lejeune.

There is also the more extensive and prestigous training called SERE School.

All the newly designated Naval and Marine Corps pilots report to SERE (Survive, Evade, RESIST, Escape) soon after getting winged. I'm not military, but live in a navy town and have been photographing the winging ceremonies for about 20 years. A really great shoot. Have heard some about sere. Doesn't sound even a little bit fun.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Sorry bon liked your story about were dad. But mr menmon does not care about americans
    How did you get from what I said I did not like americans?

I also agreed that torture interrogation was neccesary.

My point was don't publize it.

Apparently you guys like FOX and CNN to be your action thriller channel.

I think you do what you need to do and don't tell anybody. Out of sight out mind.

Same position I have on guns...keep it out of sight out of mind. In other words don't send Christmas Cards with children holding assault rifles

Menmon, so you are good with our government conducting covert and clandestine operations which may or may not be illegal as long as we don’t know about them. Wow!!!! Doesn’t this go against your progressive stance on almost everything?

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    How did you get from what I said I did not like americans?

I also agreed that torture interrogation was neccesary.

My point was don't publize it.

Apparently you guys like FOX and CNN to be your action thriller channel.

I think you do what you need to do and don't tell anybody. Out of sight out mind.

Same position I have on guns...keep it out of sight out of mind. In other words don't send Christmas Cards with children holding assault rifles
    Man, I believe that that is the closest we have ever come to completely agreeing on this forum!!! You are a puzzle!

HPL
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Have heard some about sere. Doesn't sound even a little bit fun.
    As the late great Justin Wilson would say;

'I don't like dat' nope-nun-uh-tall-any' - with a strong cajun twang.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Menmon, so you are good with our government conducting covert and clandestine operations which may or may not be illegal as long as we don’t know about them. Wow!!!! Doesn’t this go against your progressive stance on almost everything?
    I surely hope you don't agree with everything the conservatives want either.

But to answer your question, if it is truly about national security, I want them doing what they need to do. Problem with this is that I don't trust this anymore....it is apparent that war of some level is desired whether it is about our security or not.

I would much rather be a country without as many enemies...but the way we play the game, we make enemies that we shouldn't have.

Stop policing the world...quit spending trillions on defense and providing foriegn aid to people who hate us, but if to keep me and you truly safe means taking a pliers to their nuts I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Stop policing the world...quit spending trillions on defense and providing foriegn aid to people who hate us, but if to keep me and you truly safe means taking a pliers to their nuts I'm fine with it.
    While I agree we could be doing a much more efficient job at policing the world, if we don't do it at all, someone will. Someone always has, that is the nature of the world.

Someone will always be attempting to run the show. There might be lull's in that fight, but you can bet it's always raging in someone's head.