The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: Interrogations ... thought provoking

  1. #41
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Menmon, we actually have a few ideas in common. Who'd a thunk it!!

  2. #42
    Senior Member pat addis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    galesburg
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    when my dad was writing his memoirs, he documented some of the atrocities that he witnessed inflicted the Japanese, even my mother recounted how they would interrogate her and try to get her to divulge the whereabouts of my dad and his band of guerilla warfare scouts...my mom was subjected to taunts with a bayonnet, being hit with the butt end of a weapon,and obvious threat of a bullet to the head, and it wasnt just her, it was done to all the people in the barrio..

    War is brutal, its ugly...I don't condone any form of torture or interrogation technique, but am not naive enough to think it doesn't happen on both sides..it happens and I am sure it happens under the cloak of, for the love of country and to save countless human lives...sleep deprivation,water boarding..where do you think we learned these techniques
    please thank your dad for me for his service you must be very proud

  3. #43
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Menmon, we actually have a few ideas in common. Who'd a thunk it!!
    We actually have a lot in common....you just think that they will be accomplished by republicans and I don't believe them

  4. #44
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Menmon, That's where you are wrong. I don't have much faith in republicans; however, I have none, zero, nada, zip in the democrats. I have posted on numerous occasions that I don't believe in the big-government republicans at all or their ideology. I have very conservative values and ideals some of which you may or may not agree.

  5. #45
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    please thank your dad for me for his service you must be very proud
    my dad was only a hero in his military life....its my mother who was the real HERO in the family...but thats a whole different subject...but Thank you for the sentiment
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  6. #46
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Menmon, That's where you are wrong. I don't have much faith in republicans; however, I have none, zero, nada, zip in the democrats. I have posted on numerous occasions that I don't believe in the big-government republicans at all or their ideology. I have very conservative values and ideals some of which you may or may not agree.
    I'm not an advocate of Big Government. I do believe that there are things that government needs to control, because it will not get done if not.

    I'm for helping the underdog. I think the rules have been overly done to corporations and the rich, therefore I would like to see the playing field move back towards the working man.

    Socially I personally do not believe in abortion and gay marriage...but it is not my place to tell either what to do with their lifes nor do I think it is the governments.

    I'm for reduced spending but I think people need to pay more taxes because if we don't the elderly on fixed income will bear the burden.

  7. #47
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Yes but who gets to define rich? There's always someone better off and worse off than you. You make it seem like all rich people are evil and all poor people just drew the short straw. That's not reality and it's called class warfare.

  8. #48
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I'm not an advocate of Big Government. I do believe that there are things that government needs to control, because it will not get done if not.

    I'm for helping the underdog. I think the rules have been overly done to corporations and the rich, therefore I would like to see the playing field move back towards the working man.

    Socially I personally do not believe in abortion and gay marriage...but it is not my place to tell either what to do with their lifes nor do I think it is the governments.

    I'm for reduced spending but I think people need to pay more taxes because if we don't the elderly on fixed income will bear the burden.
    Define "working man".
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  9. #49
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Interrogations to the definition of Rich in less than 2 pages. Awesome.

  10. #50
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Define "working man".
    The 47% that don't work?????


    Just a guess.............
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •