The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Interrogations ... thought provoking

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Yes but who gets to define rich? There's always someone better off and worse off than you. You make it seem like all rich people are evil and all poor people just drew the short straw. That's not reality and it's called class warfare.
    No it means folks that can afford to pay more with out putting their family in distress should.

Tell me do you just want the Bush Tax cuts to expire and then everyone pays more or would you rather the folks that can afford to pay more pay more?

I'm fine with it either way. The Bush tax cuts were not needed to begin with and have just made our hole bigger

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Define "working man".
    Someone that's compensation comes from an employer

All of the liberals want to point out that everyone should pay their "fair" share and I'm fine with that. I'll pay my fair share and everyone can pay theirs. No ifs, ands or buts!

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Someone that's compensation comes from an employer
    Does that include the $1,000,000.00/yr CEO, how about the $500,000.00/yr upper management, or the $250,000.00/yr middle management, and so on?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The 47% that don't work?????

Just a guess.............

Once and for all, I'd like to separate out the folks who receive earned benefits (social security, medicare, veterans' benefits) from those "entitlements" like medicaid and welfare. I believe that the 47% would go down substantially. I have no problem with folks collecting what they supposedly put in for all their lives. I hope to collect my SS and be eligible for medicare (if they still exist). I feel that it is reasonable to feel "entitled" to those benefits. No one is really entitled to "charity" which is what welfare really is.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Does that include the $1,000,000.00/yr CEO, how about the $500,000.00/yr upper management, or the $250,000.00/yr middle management, and so on?
    That is his point...if you are one of those people earning that level of income you should pay more.

To answer your question, given the structures of large companies that have manager that manage large budgets and staffs, basically the same as a large company, these folks are the equivalant of stand alone companies and thus I don't consider them as working men.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    All of the liberals want to point out that everyone should pay their "fair" share and I'm fine with that. I'll pay my fair share and everyone can pay theirs. No ifs, ands or buts!
    Bush redefined fair share....Clintons fair share was more properly aligned...and we need to return to it.

Once and for all, I'd like to separate out the folks who receive earned benefits (social security, medicare, veterans' benefits) from those "entitlements" like medicaid and welfare. I believe that the 47% would go down substantially. I have no problem with folks collecting what they supposedly put in for all their lives. I hope to collect my SS and be eligible for medicare (if they still exist). I feel that it is reasonable to feel "entitled" to those benefits. No one is really entitled to "charity" which is what welfare really is.
    It was a JOKE!!!!!

GEEZ......
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Bush redefined fair share....Clintons fair share was more properly aligned...and we need to return to it.
    I've read the thread and many others but I still haven't found, "What's a fair share?" I've seen figures that indicate that some upper income level folks now pay more than 50% of their income in texes (Federal, state, local). Is that a fair share? Should it be increased?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I've read the thread and many others but I still haven't found, "What's a fair share?" I've seen figures that indicate that some upper income level folks now pay more than 50% of their income in texes (Federal, state, local). Is that a fair share? Should it be increased?
    They don't pay anywhere near that. I'm ok with the Bush tax cuts expiring...either way I have to pay more...at least Obama's plan keeps folks that make less than $250,000 from going up