The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Interrogations ... thought provoking

They pay close to it and it's a heck of a lot closer to 50% than the folks who don't pay any tax on their income at all.

I just checked. Millionaires have about $11.4 trillion in income this past year. That means a 1% increase in "fair share" would be what....$11.4 billion? That's a pittance in terms of Federal spending. (Of course the argument can be made that I'm talking taxes for all levels but talking only Federal expenditures.) Suppose the rate was adjusted so that they paid 10% more. That's still only $114 billion. How much? give us a number. Rather than just waving your hands around, tell us how much is a "fair share"?

The millionaire in the US is somewhat an endangered species. The number here declined about 125,000 while the number world-wide grew by 175,000.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    They pay close to it and it's a heck of a lot closer to 50% than the folks who don't pay any tax on their income at all.

I just checked. Millionaires have about $11.4 trillion in income this past year. That means a 1% increase in "fair share" would be what....$11.4 billion? That's a pittance in terms of Federal spending. (Of course the argument can be made that I'm talking taxes for all levels but talking only Federal expenditures.) Suppose the rate was adjusted so that they paid 10% more. That's still only $114 billion. How much? give us a number. Rather than just waving your hands around, tell us how much is a "fair share"?

The millionaire in the US is somewhat an endangered species. The number here declined about 125,000 while the number world-wide grew by 175,000.
    No they don't...Romney only paid 14%. Go ahead and take this position and everyone under $250,000 taxes will go up too. Does not take a vote for that. If you make more than $250,000 you should be like me indifferent, but if you make less then your position is going to make your taxes go up

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    No they don't...Romney only paid 14%. Go ahead and take this position and everyone under $250,000 taxes will go up too. Does not take a vote for that. If you make more than $250,000 you should be like me indifferent, but if you make less then your position is going to make your taxes go up
    Indifferent, Apparently you are so loaded so you don't care if the Government takes a little more. I take it personally when they take one red cent because, every time they waste a dollar I take it personally because that is my money they are wasting. Every time someone lies about their income and steals from welfare I take it personal because that is my money. Every time someone works under the table and draws unemployment I take it personal because that is my money. The government waste alone would help pay down the deficit. Add to that a clean up of entitlements and fiscal responsibility of our elected officials (both parties) and you have a balanced budget. Oh, wait we haven't had that in four years.

My opinion

Richard

I get mad everytime they give a billionaire an advantage. I get mad when folks like you would rather this mess fall on the heels of a old person or a poor person. We get a lot for our taxes and no one likes paying them. But if we don't pay more, the elderly will be footing the bill when inflation goes through the roof and everyone will pay more then, we need to pay more now. Waste and fraud are nothing new...it is just an excuse because you want someone else paying for you

How can anyone advocate raising taxes when the government is so wasteful of the peoples money? The 53% that pay Federal Income Tax should be talking about a tax revolt and not simply accepting the theft by the Feds!

How about the government downsizing and getting out of areas that they have no business in rather than continuing to allow them to steal the peoples' money? If our government were not so out-of-control, tax payers would only be paying a small fraction of what we pay now!

The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    How can anyone advocate raising taxes when the government is so wasteful of the peoples money? The 53% that pay Federal Income Tax should be talking about a tax revolt and not simply accepting the theft by the Feds!

How about the government downsizing and getting out of areas that they have no business in rather than continuing to allow them to steal the peoples' money? If our government were not so out-of-control, tax payers would only be paying a small fraction of what we pay now!
    BAM.....head shot!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

You sound like the guy that ordered all the most expensive stuff on the menu and then says he forgot his wallet.

Or the guy you take deer hunting on a friends ranch and he kills a big buck and then wants to split the $20 lunch bill.

The spending is out of control...no question, but mainly because of two wars and a massive defense budget....I'm for cutting defense spending and bringing our troops home and I'm ok paying more tax to fix the governments mess. But I not for cutting old folks retirement and medical so I don't have to pay more tax

You sound like the guy that ordered all the most expensive stuff on the menu and then says he forgot his wallet.

Or the guy you take deer hunting on a friends ranch and he kills a big buck and then wants to split the $20 lunch bill.

The spending is out of control...no question, but mainly because of two wars and a massive defense budget....I'm for cutting defense spending and bringing our troops home and I'm ok paying more tax to fix the governments mess. But I not for cutting old folks retirement and medical so I don't have to pay more tax
    I've have always advocated a sane Foregn Policy which means cutting Military spending and keeping our Defense the strongest in the world! I have been against the two Wars and Nation Building from the get go and have stated so on RTF since 03. !

The government has repeatedly demonstarted that they are not capable of fixing anything. The more they tax, the more they waste. Sending them more money won't fix a damn thing! No one is advocating abandoning the elderly. But, when the tax payer continues to be abused, the elderly and everyone else's welfare is in trouble!

The President and Congesses' only solution to problems is throwing more money at it rather than fixing it at the core. It is long overdue for all tax payers to say they have had enough!!!

All tax payers need thier tax liabilites cut drasticlly and that is the best way to jump start a sagging economy. Not the additional stimulus packages that Obama and Bernake want.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-13-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

I've have always advocated a sane Foregn Policy which means cutting Military spending and keeping our Defense the strongest in the world! I have been against the two Wars and Nation Building from the get go and have stated so on RTF since 03. !

The government has repeatedly demonstarted that they are not capable of fixing anything. The more they tax, the more they waste. Sending them more money won't fix a damn thing! No one is advocating abandoning the elderly. But, when the tax payer continues to be abused, the elderly and everyone else's welfare is in trouble!

The President and Congesses' only solution to problems is throwing more money at it rather than fixing it at the core. It is long overdue for all tax payers to say they have had enough!!!

All tax payers need thier tax liabilites cut drasticlly and that is the best way to jump start a sagging economy. Not the additional stimulus packages that Obama and Bernake want.
    We agree...but the folks making more than $250,000 need to pay more...they did not need the bush tax cuts...and they cause the hole to get bigger

We agree...but the folks making more than $250,000 need to pay more...they did not need the bush tax cuts...and they cause the hole to get bigger
    All tax payers are paying too much already! Targeting the $250,000 plus is nothing more than political posturing and won't fix a thing.
    Spending is out-of-control and the Government is wasteful!