The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After the Welfare State

Default After the Welfare State

A book from CATO - Edited by Tom Palmer - Jameson Books, Ottawa, IL - Interesting read - I've posted this for Luvy, so she can be somewhat more informed prior to her ranting about leeches .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

This sorta follows the idea of the short answer as to why Romney lost:

Why Romney Lost

Romney said, "When I'm elected, I will put Americans back to work."

and 51% said, "Screw That!!"

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    This sorta follows the idea of the short answer as to why Romney lost:

Why Romney Lost

Romney said, "When I'm elected, I will put Americans back to work."

and 51% said, "Screw That!!"

UB
    He also called 47% of the country lazy. You just can't bad mouth people that you want to vote for you. He figured there were enough of the elite in the country that would vote for him and that would override the peasants that he talked badly about. How was "he" going to put people back to work? He was going to be the president, not a CEO that could tell people to start hiring. Unless he was going to create a whole bunch of government jobs. then he could put people back to work

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    He also called 47% of the country lazy. You just can't bad mouth people that you want to vote for you. He figured there were enough of the elite in the country that would vote for him and that would override the peasants that he talked badly about. How was "he" going to put people back to work? He was going to be the president, not a CEO that could tell people to start hiring. Unless he was going to create a whole bunch of government jobs. then he could put people back to work
    Where does one begin???
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Where does one begin???
    How was "he" going to put people back to work? Anxiously awaiting the explanation.

How was "he" going to put people back to work? Anxiously awaiting the explanation.
    He was going to put people back to work by taking them off welfare, no more freeloading, no work no money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    He was going to put people back to work by taking them off welfare, no more freeloading, no work no money.
    Fair enough. what jobs was "he" going to create? If the HR people see that someone has been on welfare and has no work history, you really think they are going to hire them?

Fair enough. what jobs was "he" going to create? If the HR people see that someone has been on welfare and has no work history, you really think they are going to hire them?
    I'm not going to pretend I know the state of economy everyplace but here low level jobs are available, but people aren't going to go out and work for $7 hr when they can sit home and collect $5 an hour watching TV, add to that fuel assistance, free medical, wic, food stamps I would imagine one gets by just fine by not working. I applaud Romney for going after these people, I just wish he'd go after the corporate welfare recipients with the same vigor (never going to happen). I agree with you in the fact that the Republicans have never came out with a plan, besides saying that they had a plan.
    Last edited by mngundog; 12-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.

BRAVO SIERRA!!!!

He did not say that!
    Stan b & Elvis

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    BRAVO SIERRA!!!!

He did not say that!
    Bingo !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~