The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: R.I.P. Charlie Wright

Default R.I.P. Charlie Wright

Yesterday morning the Minnesota HT and FT circle lost a dear man, friend and mentor to many of us. Charlie Wright was a fixture at FT's and HT's for over 40 years as a competitor, judge and friend. He was a board member of various clubs, most recently Northern Flight HRA, where he was a life member. He was involved at the beginning of the GMHTA and it was his idea to establish the GMHTA Retriever Championship for HT dogs patterned after the old State FT event from years gone by.

Charlie was also the owner of Unique Shotshells and has provided poppers to clubs and trainiers across the country and Canada, as well as some of the fastest steel available. He was always looking to improve a shell and just recently devleloped a 20ga pheasant load because my wife had started hunting and Charlie felt she needed a special shell. That was the kind of guy he was.

Charlie forgot more about bird placement and setting up tests than many of us will every know and I will miss his wisdom and friendship. He was a dear friend to my wife and I, and we will never forget him. Charlie was a one of a kind.

May all the geese be Speck's and all your shots true.

Chuck and Sheila
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

My condolences to all who were close to Charlie. Quite a fine guy.

I have not seen Charlie is several years but get a case of poppers now and then and talk on the phone.

RIP

Jack S
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

So sorry to hear that, Chuck. Always a treat to run under Charlie. He will be missed by many.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

usually somwhere between Webb IA and Bristol, SD

My thoughts and prayers are with Charlie's family and the N Flight Club.

Charlie always had a kind word and story to tell. Truly a Great man and friend.

His shot shells have brought down many a duck or goose in our camps, too.
    Kiley Buettner
    www.buettnerducks.com

WRIGHT Charles A.

Age 76 ~0I St. Paul, MN Passed away December 9,2012

Preceded in death by parents, Elwood & Mildred and sons, Christopher and David. Survived by wife of 55 years, Marilyn; daughter, Julie; sons, Scott and Dana; 4 grandchildren & 3 greatgrandchildren; sisters, Margaret Jean and Dolly. Funeral Service: Fridav, Dee. 14, 7:30 PM; visitation 3 PM until service. Private interment Ft. Snelling. Memorials to family preferred.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!