The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Wes

Default Looking for Wes

I just joined the RTF forum at the suggestion of Wes Murphy. Wes, are you out there?
    Mike

Is anyone in NM breeding Fox Red Labradors?

Im assuming this is the same sire of the litter of pups you just advertised on the lab puppies forum.
    Id suggest that you better educate yourself on the rules of this forum. It is in poor taste to be advertising any stud dog on the general forum. There is a sub forum for that.
    More importantly it is required that you have health clearances for a stud dog before you can advertise his services. Your dog hasn't even reached the age to be eligible to have his hips rated.
    Additionally you need to educate yourself on breeding in general, as it is apparent that you know NOTHING about it.
    Not only did you breed two dogs who have no titles or objective benchmarks to show they are worthy candidates to possibly improve the breed, but you also used a sire who is too immature to even be rated by OFA.
    Most shameful and telling of your irresponsible breeding practices is the fact that you bred two carriers!!!!! You apparently didn't even have the pups tested, in spite of the fact there is a very good chance that some will be AFFECTED. Do you even know what that means??????
    Its obvious that you either dont understand or dont care about the import of responsible breeding.
    Please refrain from offering your pup as a stud; or for that matter refrain from all breeding until you educate yourself

I don't know Wes but if it helps, I just saw a guy walking down the road, looking at the ground, shaking his head and talking to hisself. HPW
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW

Quote Originally Posted by weaver7198 View Post
    I have a two year Sire for Stud. He is a grandson of of Helm's Point Doctor PT, featured in Outdoor Life magazine, and one of the most famous pointing Labradors.

MJH345 beat me to it But ... I have included a link to help start off your education I suppose ...

I just looked at your web site... your dog does not have his health clearances ... AND .... it appears you have recently bred two EIC carriers and post it proudly. Do you not realize that you are producing EIC AFFECTED puppies??!!

I suggest you read the rules about posting puppies/litters/breeding... In case you “missed it” I have copied and pasted that detail specifically below:

NO Labrador litter ads may be placed here without full names of both sire and dam, as well as a minimum of a final hip clearance OFA, (and/or PENN HIP and/or OVC) and an eye clearance (CERF, OFA or other DVM certified method) on both parents in the body of the ad. Pre-liminary ratings are not acceptable. No exceptions will be made.

In addition I suggest you reference this “tid bit” about EIC inheritance:
    http://www.vdl.umn.edu/prod/groups/c...set_107687.pdf

Good luck
    Danielle R. Pellicci
    http://www.blackFootkennels.com
    Home of:
    SPICE, MH (11) CD RA NA (OA2) NAJ
    (FC AFC “Cori” X Malli QAA)
    FEATHER, MH QAA
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X “Spice” MH CD RA NA NAJ)
    PENNY, CD BN SH (RN2)
    (FC AFC CAFC “Copper” X “Faith” MH QAA)
    CAPPY
    (2XNAFC FC AFC “Ram” X “Cree”)
    HALO
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X“Spice” MH CD RA NA NAJ)
    TORCH
    (HRCH “Ticket” MH X“Penny” CD BN SH)
    &
    RIP: Rhumbline’s Guinness is Good, JH... Miss you every day "Big Man"

Quote Originally Posted by HarryWilliams View Post
    I don't know Wes but if it helps, I just saw a guy walking down the road, looking at the ground, shaking his head and talking to hisself. HPW
    funny stuff right there!
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Im assuming this is the same sire of the litter of pups you just advertised on the lab puppies forum.
    Id suggest that you better educate yourself on the rules of this forum. It is in poor taste to be advertising any stud dog on the general forum. There is a sub forum for that.
    More importantly it is required that you have health clearances for a stud dog before you can advertise his services. Your dog hasn't even reached the age to be eligible to have his hips rated.
    Additionally you need to educate yourself on breeding in general, as it is apparent that you know NOTHING about it.
    Not only did you breed two dogs who have no titles or objective benchmarks to show they are worthy candidates to possibly improve the breed, but you also used a sire who is too immature to even be rated by OFA.
    Most shameful and telling of your irresponsible breeding practices is the fact that you bred two carriers!!!!! You apparently didn't even have the pups tested, in spite of the fact there is a very good chance that some will be AFFECTED. Do you even know what that means??????
    Its obvious that you either dont understand or dont care about the import of responsible breeding.
    Please refrain from offering your pup as a stud; or for that matter refrain from all breeding until you educate yourself
    While it is true that dog must at least age 2 yrs to be rated by OFA, this is not the case for PennHip. PennHip can evaluate dogs that are 4 months old, and the rules of the site say PennHip is acceptable.
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    While it is true that dog must at least age 2 yrs to be rated by OFA, this is not the case for PennHip. PennHip can evaluate dogs that are 4 months old, and the rules of the site say PennHip is acceptable.
    True, but, in this case, the sire of the litter has neither OFA nor PennHip. Add in the potential for EIC affected puppies, well, I just hope all those puppies get lucky and don't suffer from something that could have been avoided. What I really hope is that there's a typo somewhere, because it is beyond me that someone knows enough to test but not enough how to use the test results so a dog doesn't suffer.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Quote Originally Posted by runnindawgz View Post
    . Do you not realize that you are producing EIC AFFECTED puppies??!!

http://www.vdl.umn.edu/prod/groups/c...set_107687.pdf

Good luck
    I think you read your charts wrong. Carrier x Carrier doesn't produce all affected dogs statistically.

Paul “Happy” ... Show me where I said ALL PUPS ?? I can read the charts.... I didn’t realize I should have been so specific... the reality is that this breeding will highly likely produce SOME EIC carriers.
    Last edited by runnindawgz; 01-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Danielle R. Pellicci
    http://www.blackFootkennels.com
    Home of:
    SPICE, MH (11) CD RA NA (OA2) NAJ
    (FC AFC “Cori” X Malli QAA)
    FEATHER, MH QAA
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X “Spice” MH CD RA NA NAJ)
    PENNY, CD BN SH (RN2)
    (FC AFC CAFC “Copper” X “Faith” MH QAA)
    CAPPY
    (2XNAFC FC AFC “Ram” X “Cree”)
    HALO
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X“Spice” MH CD RA NA NAJ)
    TORCH
    (HRCH “Ticket” MH X“Penny” CD BN SH)
    &
    RIP: Rhumbline’s Guinness is Good, JH... Miss you every day "Big Man"