The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rtf ~ espn bowl mania GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What a wild finish to the Cincinnati vs Duke game!

7 - 3 through the first 10 bowl games.
    Same here. I regret picking UCLA but only put 1 point on them. I missed on Fresno and WKU.

I got Monroe(11), Rutgers(14) and TT(28) today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Same here. I regret picking UCLA but only put 1 point on them. I missed on Fresno and WKU.

I got Monroe(11), Rutgers(14) and TT(28) today.
    I've got the same picks today.

How do you only place only one point on a game or more on other games? I just picked the teams I think will win.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I've got the same picks today.

How do you only place only one point on a game or more on other games? I just picked the teams I think will win.
    If there are 10 games - you pick the team most likely to win their game as 10, the team such as UCLA who have been good this year but inconsistent as a 1 - when the game are totaled the highest score wins - where I worked we had a guy who won the office pool 3 weeks in a row - on the 4th week he lost because he & the other individual had different rankings on their games - they both lost the same game but he had his ranked higher so lost on points total - though gambling on company property was illegal he was going to report it to security - goes to show you that picking a winner is sometimes not a work of intelligence .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Yea it's called Confidence Points.

There are 35 Bowl Games. So a Confidence point of 1 to 35 can be placed on each bowl game. Once that number is used, you can't use that number again.

Example;
    So since we know LSU is going to whip the piss out of Clemson you'll want to put your highest confidence point number of 35. If LSU wins, you get 35 points.

Since we also know Florida is going to whip Louisville you'll put 34 on Florida. If they win you get 34 points. Can't put 35 points b/c you already used that on LSU.

Now since we have no clue who is going to win the Oregon vs K. State. game you put 1 point on them. So if you lose, you only lose 1 point.

The total number of confidence point you win in the end determines your score.

See how it works?

In my office we did it a little different. In years past it seems folks would rack up on their 31-35 Bowl points by picking TCU vs Chump State, or other VERY LopSided Bowl Games. So this year I made a rule that the Confidence points (31-35) could ONLY be used on the BCS Bowl Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Yea it's called Confidence Points.

There are 35 Bowl Games. So a Confidence point of 1 to 35 can be placed on each bowl game. Once that number is used, you can't use that number again.

Example;
    So since we know LSU is going to whip the piss out of Clemson you'll want to put your highest confidence point number of 35. If LSU wins, you get 35 points.

Since we also know Florida is going to whip Louisville you'll put 34 on Florida. If they win you get 34 points. Can't put 35 points b/c you already used that on LSU.

Now since we have no clue who is going to win the Oregon vs K. State. game you put 1 point on them. So if you lose, you only lose 1 point.

The total number of confidence point you win in the end determines your score.

See how it works?

In my office we did it a little different. In years past it seems folks would rack up on their 31-35 Bowl points by picking TCU vs Chump State, or other VERY LopSided Bowl Games. So this year I made a rule that the Confidence points (31-35) could ONLY be used on the BCS Bowl Games.
    Got it thanks. Looks like I'll have to move the Florida State game up to more points as well as the big boys in the SEC.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-28-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Thanks ULM for getting COMPLETELY DEMOLISHED! wow.... what a blow out.

How about this fail

Man I'm losing my tail off now...

I'm just glad the someone explained how the points work. Moved up to a tie for 4th place and lots of bowls games left.

Let go WV and Oregon St!

I was doing real well... now I have dropped a few games and its starting to hurt...
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.