RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Rtf ~ espn bowl mania GDG

7K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  John Robinson 
#1 ·
The 2012 College Football thread has had ALOT of replies and is full of experts. I thought, what a better or funner way then to run a BOWL MANIA league for RTF. So here you go, it is free, and you win nothing more then bragging rights...

Go to

http://games.espn.go.com/college-bowl-mania/en/frontpage (If you do not have a account with ESPN you will need to create one)

The league is private

League name is:
RTF 4 LIFE

Password:
BACK

Good luck and have alot of fun!!

#4 ·
True story. 14 year old All Star Game. 1st @ bat was warning track power to left field for a double or triple. Can't remember now. Some guys who we played against each other since we were 10 had the game behind us & they were showing up. 1 wanted The Babe point for $5. I point to center field. Instead of walking on low pitches I wanted to match history. It's safe to say there was no history matched that day. 3 pitches later they benched me for the rest of the game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 ·
well at least with ESPN you know they will complete their pick em contest

UNLIKE ENTRY EXPRESS who decided to not update theirs after series # 9...I think the winner would have been David Didier

#9 ·
I'm in. Fun stuff.

#10 · (Edited)
WOW what a first bowl game ...Arizona just scored twice in the last minute to take a 49-48 lead...ballgame

Guess I am tied for the lead..(huge eye roll)

#24 ·
Yea it's called Confidence Points.

There are 35 Bowl Games. So a Confidence point of 1 to 35 can be placed on each bowl game. Once that number is used, you can't use that number again.

Example;
So since we know LSU is going to whip the piss out of Clemson you'll want to put your highest confidence point number of 35. If LSU wins, you get 35 points.

Since we also know Florida is going to whip Louisville you'll put 34 on Florida. If they win you get 34 points. Can't put 35 points b/c you already used that on LSU.

Now since we have no clue who is going to win the Oregon vs K. State. game you put 1 point on them. So if you lose, you only lose 1 point.

The total number of confidence point you win in the end determines your score.

See how it works?

In my office we did it a little different. In years past it seems folks would rack up on their 31-35 Bowl points by picking TCU vs Chump State, or other VERY LopSided Bowl Games. So this year I made a rule that the Confidence points (31-35) could ONLY be used on the BCS Bowl Games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.