The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubs in Bowling Green Kentucky or Nashville Tenn.

Default Clubs in Bowling Green Kentucky or Nashville Tenn.

I just talked to one of my puppy buyers and he wants to join a retriever club. He lives between Nashville and Bowling Green What are the name of some clubs I can send him?The dog is a 1 year old Chesapeake.

Senior Member drakedogwaterfowl's Avatar

There are two clubs in Nashville. They are the Middle Tennessee Amateur Retriever Club and the Music City Hunting Retriever Club. Listed below are the web addresses for both clubs.

www.mtarc.org
    www.mchrc.com
    Drakedogwaterfowl

HRCH Sutton's Mallard Lake Drake MH "Drake"
    Bear Country's High Flyer "Piper"

You might want to have him get in touch with Clint and Sherie Catledge of Bear Country Retrievers. They are primarily hunt test trainers but also dabble in the minor stakes.

Great folks and have some of the nicest water I've seen in that part of the country.

They are located near Franklin, KY and Portland, TN. Here's their website: http://bearcountryretrievers.com/

I believe Danny Lutrell is in that neighborhood, as well. A very accomplished Derby trainer.

j towne - I'm on the board at Middle TN (MTARC) and Sherie Catledge is our Secretary. Tell your buddy to get in touch with one of us. We are always glad to have new members. We have an AKC Judges seminar and our Annual Club banquet coming up on February 9th, so it would be a great time for him to meet alot of folks.
    Tracy Hughes - Crimson Kennels
    www.crimsonkennels.com

Jessica's Chocolate Cait, MH
    Mosby's Big Jake, MH
    Tubby's Maxximum Trouble, MH
    Double G Cosmo's Dream Girl, MH
    Crimson's Coriander Dream, MH
    Johnson's Redwind, MH
    Crimson's TNT By Design, MH
    Crimson's Black Powder Girl, MH

As Tracy posted, our clubs Annual Banquet as well as the AKC Judges/Handlers Seminar on February 9th would be a great place to meet other retriever owners in the Middle TN area. Please feel free to have your puppy person contact me for more information about our local retriever clubs. Most of our club members are in active hunt mode right now, so not a lot of training days per se, but it appears I might be close by as we are at the TN/KY border in northern Sumner County.
    Sherie Catledge
    Bear Country Retrievers and Gun Dogs
    www.bearcountryretrievers.com

Music City HRC seems like a great club. MTARC does too. I am a member at TN River HRC in Union City but would be happy to belong to either one if I lived down there (I'm in western Ky). My dog got his HR and HRCH at Music City and ran senior at MTARC. They put on a well organized HT and the members seem like good guys and ladies. I look forward to running master down there next yr.

Thanks for the help I will forward the info to him.
    I ran under Clint when he was judging in Maryland last year.

You get to run under me and Jim Cooke in the Spring!
    Sherie Catledge
    Bear Country Retrievers and Gun Dogs
    www.bearcountryretrievers.com

I am not running any test next year but enjoy your trip and don't let the set ups get to crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CHMHFCR View Post
    As Tracy posted, our clubs Annual Banquet as well as the AKC Judges/Handlers Seminar on February 9th would be a great place to meet other retriever owners in the Middle TN area. Please feel free to have your puppy person contact me for more information about our local retriever clubs. Most of our club members are in active hunt mode right now, so not a lot of training days per se, but it appears I might be close by as we are at the TN/KY border in northern Sumner County.
    Thanks for the info I forwarded him your website and hopefully he will contact you guys. He has a nicely bred Chesapeake. Also great site looks like you guys have some awesome training grounds.