The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Our dogs and what we do with them...

Default Our dogs and what we do with them...

Cary had a good point. Seems no matter what the topic is, we alway get off of it. The one thing we all have in common is the dogs.

As most of you know, I have been out of the competitive end of it for a few years... Although I have been judging to keep my hand in the game and give something back.

I am waiting for a breeding which should take place any time now... And I plan on getting back into the game.

I still have two labs at home, a 13 yo female and a 6 yo male.
    Bill Davis

Been a lab owner my whole life, mainly goose and duck hunted (never in the games), then I got one that was a monster on phez and for the last 14 years that's been my main focus. Two years ago I lost my great one and thought I'd try something different and got a springer , hopefully get a lab this spring or summer. I live in some pretty good hunting country that allows me to get out for about an hour or two daily, plus I go to SD for about two weeks a season.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Cary had a good point. Seems no matter what the topic is, we alway get off of it. The one thing we all have in common is the dogs.

As most of you know, I have been out of the competitive end of it for a few years... Although I have been judging to keep my hand in the game and give something back.

I am waiting for a breeding which should take place any time now... And I plan on getting back into the game.

I still have two labs at home, a 13 yo female and a 6 yo male.
    you and Clint are in about the same situation, We are waiting on a certain litter that should be consumated in Jan/Feb...not sure where we are on the list but we are hoping on getting a female which would be campaigned and eventually be the new cornerstone to a whole new line for us

Clint will undoubtedly be offered a judging assignment or three next spring, time permitting,but he realized that all his dogs got old/retired at the same time..Brig may still run a few trials but his prime window is closing fast..Mirk and Nola are enjoying retirement
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Been a lab owner my whole life, mainly goose and duck hunted (never in the games), then I got one that was a monster on phez and for the last 14 years that's been my main focus. Two years ago I lost my great one and thought I'd try something different and got a springer , hopefully get a lab this spring or summer. I live in some pretty good hunting country that allows me to get out for about an hour or two daily, plus I go to SD for about two weeks a season.
    You have some great clubs and people in your area.
    I am fortunate to get to judge over there every year.

You have NAHRA, AKC & HRC clubs that are top notch.
    Just south and east of you as well.

I can see you runnin' and Elvis pup!!!!
    (that may be comin' after HRCH & MH)

Never a dull moment again if you do!
    Last edited by road kill; 12-11-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I went to a field trial outside of Morris MN just to watch it 2 years ago, I believe the Minot club was using their grounds. Morris is pretty close to me, I can't think of any other clubs within 100 miles of me, maybe Elbow Lake has a HRC club?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I went to a field trial outside of Morris MN just to watch it 2 years ago, I believe the Minot club was using their grounds. Morris is pretty close to me, I can't think of any other clubs within 100 miles of me, maybe Elbow Lake has a HRC club?
    4 Points RC is excellent.
    They are northwest of Minneapolis.

I guess I didn't think of how far west you might have been.

What part of the state are you in?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    4 Points RC is excellent.
    They are northwest of Minneapolis.

I guess I didn't think of how far west you might have been.

What part of the state are you in?
    Straight west of Minneapolis, about 30 miles from SD, pretty close the Lac Qui Parle Wildlife Refuge.