The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 months to fix retrieve-r-trainer?

Default 5 months to fix retrieve-r-trainer?

I'm completely pissed off with the people at retrieve-r-trainer. It has now been almost 5 months since I sent my launcher in to be repaired, and the shame about it all is that I only used it for 3 months before it broke and it cost me about $120.00 in canadian funds! I will NEVER buy anything from them again!! STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I help?
    <--- Dooey, MH
    MHR Duckmates Fly Guy MH 05/17/94 - 07/17/08 "Flyboy"
    Candlewood Court Magician JH 1/31/02 - 8/2/12 "Magic Man"

Richard

STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you been calling? What are they telling you?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

"Well" it all started about the first week of november when after only using it 3 months the hinge broke likely due to a jammed cartridge. I sent it in for repair and waited untill the new year to give them a call to see if I could get a tracking number etc to find it as I thought that it was lost. The guy on the phone told me that they had been shut down for 3-4 weeks around Christmas and that they would get to it right away, so thinking that they may have been busy the months before christmas I relaxed. I waited untill february to give them another call to see that the deal was to hear "it's fixed but sitting on the shelf", it seems that he had to make a special trip to the post office because his postal pick-up service did'nt ship to Canada. I'm starting to get bye then, but bite my tounge as nothing was to be gained by . Now it's march when I started this thread and give them yet another call to hear "I shipped it yesturady" translation: "OPPS I frogot better mail it today" Now it's going for the second week of April and still no launcher , I'm at the end of my rope! The kicker is I'm mad because this is such bad business not because I've needed it badly for training!

Did you buy it directly from them or through a retailer?
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

If it were me, I wouldn't put up with the delay. I would call the company and talk to someone higher up (manager/owner), and explain your problem and the fact that you not satisified, be firm and don't take no or any other excuses, tell them to send you a new one.

I bought it from a retailer, but when it broke and I went back to my retailer he talked to the manufacturer and they said to send it directly to them for warauntee. I am going to call them again tomorrow because I've had a bad day today and would'nt likely be a good thing .

I finally called them back today and read them the riot act, and they agreed that it was very bad business to have a purchaser wait this long. He fiqured that it was lost in "postal hell" and mailed me out a new one today, hopefully I get it! After all this crap I hope they both show up just for my troubble.

Quote Originally Posted by misty lake
    I finally called them back today and read them the riot act, and they agreed that it was very bad business to have a purchaser wait this long. He fiqured that it was lost in "postal hell" and mailed me out a new one today, hopefully I get it! After all this crap I hope they both show up just for my troubble.
    There should be a tracking number on something like that if they really sent it. When in doubt I always ask for the number so I can track it myself. I know UPS has a websight that you can put the number in and it tells you right where the package is.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."