The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Santa Visit Your Young Pro or Assistant?

Default Will Santa Visit Your Young Pro or Assistant?

Well that depends on you. These young guys and gals work their Arse's off for little pay and free time.
    They are committed to the sport and the dogs. Most of the big Pro's do pretty well and get most of the credit
    for their kennel. But behind the scenes we know that these assistants are doing alot of the dirty work.

So make the effort to take them a card and some cash for the Holidays, it will mean alot!!!

I was going to take one young man duck hunting in the Arkansas green timber after Christmas.
    Just found out yesterday, he has vehicle problems and can't afford to repair his truck and come hunting.
    I feel really bad for him, I know he was all jacked up.

Make the effort to show them you care!!!

JMHO

Gregg Leonard

take good care of your Vet and your Vet Techs...they will always appreciate a cookie platter, a large can of assorted popcorn,or a platter of cupcakes...or maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant for your Vet, or a nice bottle of wine... You just never know when you may need them to save your best friend
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    take good care of your Vet and your Vet Techs...they will always appreciate a cookie platter, a large can of assorted popcorn,or a platter of cupcakes...or maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant for your Vet, or a nice bottle of wine... You just never know when you may need them to save your best friend
    A trusted, capable Vet and caring Vet Techs are worth their weight in cookies, and then some.
    Mark

That goes for the hunting guides as well, many guides work for a larger guide service many of my friends that guide get 100 bucks a day which has to pay for their gas, and time setting up decoys and taking them down and dealing with their wives after hunting all day- the tip money keeps momma happy
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve - Ace
    Foundation's Peanut Butter Cup - Reece

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post
    Well that depends on you. These young guys and gals work their Arse's off for little pay and free time.
    They are committed to the sport and the dogs. Most of the big Pro's do pretty well and get most of the credit
    for their kennel. But behind the scenes we know that these assistants are doing alot of the dirty work.

So make the effort to take them a card and some cash for the Holidays, it will mean alot!!!

I was going to take one young man duck hunting in the Arkansas green timber after Christmas.
    Just found out yesterday, he has vehicle problems and can't afford to repair his truck and come hunting.
    I feel really bad for him, I know he was all jacked up.

Make the effort to show them you care!!!

JMHO

Gregg Leonard

X2 lets not get this thread off on all the deserving folks that help us and our dogs. The Assist Trainers and BB are often looked over. They really love dogs or they would not be doing what they do.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Placing my order for some Kansas City Steaks! Everyone loves Prime Rib eyes!!!
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    A trusted, capable Vet and caring Vet Techs are worth their weight in cookies, and then some.
    a bottle of Absolute....
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Baker View Post
    Placing my order for some Kansas City Steaks! Everyone loves Prime Rib eyes!!!
    Yep, just make sure they send A Lean Grade!!!

Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    a bottle of Absolute....
    Dripping Springs, Grey Goose, or Tito's trump Absolute 100% of the time...

Does buying your wife furniture for Christmas count? She a helluva bird girl.

Land owners get their favorite bottle of holiday cheer or maple syrup.
    Gavin B.