The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CERF Clinics

Here's a complete list of all the canine ophthmalogists.

http://member.acvo.org/location_search_public

Eric
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Good grief according to that list I live in a foreign country with no Opthamolgist available.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

Jesse,
    Dr Scherlie from Oregon comes up and gives a 3 day cerf clinic twice a year. Usually, I find out he's been here about a week he's left. The Diamond Animal Clinic has an ACVO vet come up too, although it's just as hard to find out when he's coming.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Usually, I find out he's been here about a week he's left.
    Howard,
    That's what im afraid of or worse I will be out of town working when they are here. Will just have to make sure I keep my ears open for when they are going to be in town next. Have my 3 year old males OFA done just need to get the CERF now. And then my 2 year old female im hoping to get done as well.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrainer4God View Post
    Thanks for the postings! having never been in the dog show world, where do you find those premiums?
    The easiest way to find a eye clinic at a show is to look here, http://www.offa.org/clinics.html

I am not certain every show clinic gets listed on the OFA website, but it is difficult to keep track of every show premium so it is good to check there first.

You find a premium by going to the show superintendent's website and finding the upcoming shows schedule. The premiums are posted there to download, usually 1-3 months before the entry deadline. Dog does not have to be entered to be taken to a health clinic. There are several different dog show superintendents. To find out which one manages shows in your area, go to the AKC website's event calendar page, do event search and select the relevant states and all future events. Once you have a list of nearby shows, click on each show listing and it will tell you who the super is for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by thelast2 View Post
    Good grief according to that list I live in a foreign country with no Opthamolgist available.
    I also have frustration. I can either travel four + hours east or four hours west into another state. I always cringe when people talk about how simple, cheap and easy it is to maintain a yearly CERF.
    Andrea Wolfe

Home of:
    Rebels River Raider (FC AFC Rebel With A Cause X FC AFC Yellowstone's TNT Explosion daughter)

Kodiak's Rocky Mountain Rebel SH (3/4 sister to Raider)