The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what caused your hatred of unions?

Worked for a compressed air company and had to carry a big 200 hp unit over to a power plant in Alabama. They were renting the unit. When we backed up to the dock we jumped out of the truck and began to unchain the unit from the truck. We were quickly told to stop what we were doing. We had to wait for union workers to come unchain the unit from the truck. But they were on break. So we had to sit and wait for them. Then we had to wait for a union fork lift driver to come and unload it.

My gosh, We just wanted to get the job done in a timely manner, but couldnt be cause of the union.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Don't feel sorry for me. I came to this country legally as a child. All I see these days is that everything my parents believed in and taught me has been shot to hell. Illegals being aloweed to stay??? what the F??
    Work hard to sucseed???? NO so much, just claim the race card and the hard worker gets f'd for the minority do nothing.
    MY tax money goes to teaching peopleEnglish?????? WHY????????

jump the border , squat down and plop out the annchor baby aND i HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT???????SCREW that crap!!!!
    I'm not bitter I want everyome to play by the rules.
    Maybe sitting down at the table with your morning coffee and making a list of all the things you love about this country .....

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    What, may I ask, were you told would happen if you chose not to wait, and did it yourself anyway?
    I didnt ask. I did what the customer ask me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Maybe sitting down at the table with your morning coffee and making a list of all the things you love about this country .....

JS
    THe list I would have written as child 40 something years ago would be much longer than the one I would write today as a US citizen.
    The list of what I hate is much longer. Before you tell me to hit the road,my US born husband just won't
    go yet.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I am curious. For those of you that hate the unions, what has caused that hatred? I have explained my hatred for "rich" people. Not so much the people themselves, just their actions. Someone recently asked me if I actually hated the rich people or just their actions. Some of those rich people I do personally hate for reasons that make sense to me.
    I suppose many things, including the entitlement attitude but when they charged me $200 to plug in my laptop for me at a trade show, that solidified it.
    Goldens Rule !!!

..... Some of those rich people I do personally hate for reasons that make sense to me.

let it go my friend just let it go. it will eat up your innards.
    what did that humble Jesus feller say when asked about the ten commandments?
    He said he only had one, smart feller. easier to keep track of with less thou shalt nots......

sometimes cowboy music has it place
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    ..... I would write today as a US citizen.
    The list of what I hate is much longer..
    BTW, BIG congrats on that! Very cool! How was the timing? Were you allowed to vote November last?
    as for the hate, see my post to Murral. Two peas in a pod you two are.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    let it go my friend just let it go. it will eat up your innards.
    what did that humble Jesus feller say when asked about the ten commandments?
    He said he only had one, smart feller. easier to keep track of with less thou shalt nots......

sometimes cowboy music has it place
    I have tried, I really have. Everytime I see these people (rich people) crying about how they have to give a little more, I have flashbacks and get pizzed all over again. If I had that type of money, Koch brothers, buffet, romney, it wouldn't bother me one bit because that means that I was making money if I had a high tax bill. Ya can't take it with you.

I have tried, I really have. Everytime I see these people (rich people) crying about how they have to give a little more, I have flashbacks and get pizzed all over again. If I had that type of money, Koch brothers, buffet, romney, it wouldn't bother me one bit because that means that I was making money if I had a high tax bill. Ya can't take it with you.
    Unless you are on the government tit, you can't spend other people's money nor should you worry about it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Unless you are on the government tit, you can't spend other people's money nor should you worry about it.
    I really think we should go to a flat sales tax/use tax. that way everybody pays the same rate. Eliminate all loopholes and deductions/credits. Nothing gets taken out of your check, what you make is your money to take home and spend as you see fit. That would probably encourage investing since you will not be taxed on your investment income, only what you buy. Now back to our original post.