The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: what caused your hatred of unions?

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Does any of this matter today

Thank you...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Does any of this matter today
    I was just trying to find out why people think that unions are evil and what led them to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I was just trying to find out why people think that unions are evil and what led them to believe that.
    Who the hell cares did you look at the news. I did not know how to take you but now i am ashamed you live in my state. BTW One of my best friend is a union member. I do not belong to a union

Banned

Who the hell cares did you look at the news. I did not know how to take you but now i am ashamed you live in my state. BTW One of my best friend is a union member. I do not belong to a union
    You didn't answer the question. I care because I would like to understand why so much animosity toward unions. When people's livliehood gets threatened, they get pizzed. Just like many here that are pizzed that Obama won the election again. the people that are angry that Obama got re-elected feel that their livliehood is being threatened. Same with the people in MI that were on the news, they feel their livliehood is being threatened by the new law. They are over the top with their behavior. We only saw the edited clip of what led to the yelling and punches being thrown. the guy that made the video clip has a history of agitating people.

Lol. Where to start. P!ssing in my wood filler, cutting all the ends to my extension cords, shuting all power off in my unit on their breaks,doing very shody repairs and over billing for them, thinking I am the one geting robbed by my boss (selfemployed) and telling me how good they have it when I am driving the better truck and living in the better neighborhood. And the best doing a 200+ man walk off when i started a job because i am considerd an artist for some of the work I'm capable of, which none of them could do, not to mention the idle death threats that were slung out from the crowd on my way in. NOT TO MENTION THEY WOULD NOT HIRE ME AS AN 18 YR OLD BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW THE RIGHT PEOPLE, WAS NOT A MINORITY OR FEMALE.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I really think we should go to a flat sales tax/use tax. that way everybody pays the same rate. Eliminate all loopholes and deductions/credits. Nothing gets taken out of your check, what you make is your money to take home and spend as you see fit. That would probably encourage investing since you will not be taxed on your investment income, only what you buy. Now back to our original post.
    I believe this was introduced as the "FAIR TAX". In the 2008 pres debates by ex governer of Arkansas. I agreed with it then and now. Catches everybody the same. Fire the IRS. Theres some money we can save. I don't hate the unions just thier policy's. I don't hate anyone who has done well by working hard and plays by the rules. I hate the lazy takers though. Call me an angry old guy I don't.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Stories like this are why I'm not in favor of unionistas. UB

Meet the Bosses of the Ohio Education Association

It pays to be in charge of Ohio's most powerful progressive group

By: Jason Hart (Diary) |

Ohio Education Association (OEA) President Patricia Frost-Brooks was paid $267,916 in dues taken from Ohio teachers during fiscal year 2012, according to the union’s latest staff and officer data submitted to the U.S. Department of Labor. More than a hundred OEA employees and officers were paid six figures during the same period, as the union gave $77,500 to progressive groups who demonize “the rich” in the name of bigger government.

Frost-Brooks, the Ohio Democratic Party’s “Democrat of the Year,” was one of seven OEA employees and officers paid more than $175,000 from September 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012.

• Patricia Frost-Brooks, President: $267,916
    • Larry Wicks, Executive Director: $222,167
    • William Leibensperger, Vice President: $193,766
    • James Timlin, Secretary-Treasurer: $189,640
    • Bonnie Joseph, Labor Relations Consultant: $181,319
    • James Martin, Assistant Executive Director: $178,009
    • Thomas Jowhar, Labor Relations Consultant: $175,816

OEA bosses routinely portray Ohio teachers as underpaid and under assault. A quick review of the dollar amounts these individuals take from Ohio teachers reveals a stark contrast from their political posturing.

For instance, a page on the OEA website titled “The Truth About So-Called ‘Right to Work’” warns,”if you look just beneath the surface of the ‘right to work’ cause, you will see a campaign that is built on distortions and predicated on lies and whose unstated purpose would undermine workers’ safety, economic security and well-being. The true goal of right to work is to put more money into the pockets of corporate shareholders.”

OEA currently faces a class-action suit
    from more than a dozen educators forced to pay hundreds of dollars each year in “fair share” fees due to Ohio’s lack of a workplace freedom law. The teachers claim OEA and several of its locals have failed to adequately account for spending and justify the amount of mandatory dues taken from their paychecks.

For rhetoric even more outrageous than what OEA publishes on its own website, the union turns to front group We Are Ohio, a campaign committee funded primarily by OEA dues. OEA leans on the lie that We Are Ohio is a “citizen-driven, community-based, bipartisan coalition” when promoting We Are Ohio-branded talking points via the union’s magazine and social media accounts.
    In addition to We Are Ohio, OEA bankrolls several other progressive organizations devoted to the higher taxes and bigger government necessary to maintain the salaries listed here. In the past fiscal year alone, OEA gave $25,000 to Innovation Ohio, $22,500 to ProgressOhio, $20,000 to Policy Matters Ohio, and $10,000 to One Ohio Now.

Continuing down the list of total disbursements reported to the Department of Labor, 18 OEA employees were paid between $150,000 and $175,000 in fiscal 2012.

• Kevin Flanagan, Assistant Executive Director – Member Services: $170,881
    • Venita Shoulders, Labor Relations Consultant: $168,976
    • Rachelle Johnson, Assistant Executive Director – Member Services: $166,814
    • Donald Dalton, Labor Relations Consultant: $166,119
    • Susan Babcock, Assistant Executive Director: $164,768
    • William Pearsol, Labor Relations Consultant: $160,463
    • Diane Tieman, Labor Relations Consultant: $157,496
    • Patricia Collins Murdock, Regional Director: $156,091
    • V. Randall Flora, Director Of Education Policy: $155,573
    • George Bozovich, Labor Relations Consultant: $154,794
    • Linda Fiely, General Counsel: $154,592
    • Cristina Munoz-Nedrow, Regional Director: $153,562
    • Jeffrey Kestner, Regional Director: $152,728
    • Parry Norris, Regional Director: $152,636
    • Mary Suchy, Director Of Membership: $152,511
    • Rodney Bird, Labor Relations Consultant: $152,074
    • Talmadge Hutchins, Labor Relations Consultant: $151,968
    • Robert Matkowski, Labor Relations Consultant: $150,023

A total of 119 OEA employees and officers were paid more than $100,000 during the most recent fiscal year. Another 17 OEA employees were paid between $75,000 and $100,000 in member dues.

Above and beyond the millions OEA spends each year on six-figure salaries for over 100 employees – and the tens of thousands OEA shovels to progressive lobbying groups – OEA devotes a huge portion of member dues to politics. Media Trackers has cataloged the ways OEA trains, endorses, and promotes liberal candidates for state offices, boosts liberal candidates for national offices, and viciously smears any opponent of big government.

In 2011, OEA took $54 from each member to fund We Are Ohio, which was created in part because OEA has given itself a bad name. In 2010 alone, OEA was picketed by members of its own staff and settled a class-action suit against retirees whose health insurance benefits the union slashed.

This year, OEA increased member dues by $22 in order to dump nearly $2.5 million into Voters First Ohio, the labor movement’s failed takeover of Ohio’s political map-making process.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

So a CEO of a failing company making millions of dollars can't be vilified and a Union President making a fraction of that is evil, imagine that, what color is the sky in your world?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    So a CEO of a failing company making millions of dollars can't be vilified and a Union President making a fraction of that is evil, imagine that, what color is the sky in your world?
    Seems to me the CEO's are villified non stop by libs and media alike... Even the one's from profitable companies.
    Bill Davis

The union has it's place. What is typical is the union in an area of the country is not much different than their non-union counterparts. Work ethic is work ethic. I was a union member first in Los Angeles 25 years ago, most people worked 7 hours a day for 8 hours pay. I moved back to the midwest 3 years later and it got a lot closer 8 for 8. I moved into management 12 years ago and my salary is based on the union guys scale! I did strike duty for 6 weeks in New York City about 10 years ago and have never been so ashamed of human beings in all my life! I was offered a job by just about every building I worked in. These very highly paid tradespeople had contacts hooked up to timers so equipment would fail after hours so they would get double time callbacks. Couches, sleeping areas, adult magazines and misc. non-working items cluttered their areas. Work ethic...